Recent content by avirtuos

1. A

GMax 2 First Impressions (and some warnings!)

I think my issues were mostly due to being an early production unit. The machine has been awesome for me after those earlier issues got sorted. I would HIGHLY recommend the heated build plate both due to its more uniform surface and also the improved adhesion of the pei sheet and of course the...
  2. A

Heated bed is a must for all materials in my experience if you are printing anything above a few inches. Though this is highly dependent on the geometry you are printing as well as the material. If you have a high quality PLA then maybe you can get by with acrylic build plate. In my opinion...
  3. A

Ah that makes sense. I'm still waiting to test my heated bed. Seems I was one of the unlucky folks to get a printer with the wrong bed control cables. Team shipped the replacement today, hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. Unfortunately, I installed an updated firmware provided by gCreate support...
  4. A

The 72hr print succeeded after the 5th attempt. Can get PLA to adhere to the bed enough to resist warping. I've got it in a temperature controlled enclosure I built. I suspect my acrylic bed just has too much variance. Most of my other issues came down to the wrong nozzel size being installed...
  5. A

Wanted to give an update since gCreate has been awesome in helping me get up and running. Most of my issues have been solved. I'm just waiting on a couple more replacement parts since USPS lost the first package (doh!). It was a rough start but the team has given great support and my first GIANT...
  6. A

The zip file you attached looks like it contains Gmax 1.5xt firmware no mention of gmax2 anywhere (any change logs or commit history). Can you confirm this is the correct zip (perhaps you guys just haven't rename/organized this branch for gmax2?). Additionally the replacement thermistor you...
  7. A

Thanks, I understand. I'm planning to just test 18x18 mesh for bed leveling and then revert to stock if it doesn't help. If it does I'll send you a PR as you may want to make this available to all customers.
  8. A

I'm not receiving these emails, are you sure your outgoing mail server isn't blocking the zip and thus not sending the emails? they aren't in my spam or other filter in gmail. Can you post the file or link here instead?
  9. A

That's weird, I didn't receive it. Maybe I put the wrong email address in the support case. I opened another support case with the correct address, do you mind resending. Sorry for the trouble.
  10. A

Where did you send it? I don't see it in my email or on the support case I raise.
  11. A

I'm only familiar with Prusa's mk3 firmware and changing that from 3x3 to 7x7 was a pain in the butt. Does the gmax2 run stock Marlin or has gCreate made any modifications (like to the config file you mentioned). If so, where can I find the source for gCreate's fork/branch?
  12. A

Which bed level settings are you referring to? Is it possible to change from 6x6 to 18x18? If so can you point me to the source file by chance? :)
  13. A

gCreate has very quickly (next day) responded to my issues, including redesigning the bed clips. They shipped me some replacement and updated parts. I'll update this post once I get them and test them out.
  14. A

Firstly, I've been happy with the support and a fan of the work being done at gCreate. My overall impression of the gMax 2 after having it for about 5 days is awesome but I've run into a few show stopping issues that I'm about to open support cases for but wanted to warn other about as they may...