Recent content by ben.richards

1. ben.richards

Probing fail // BL touch

Hi Craig, Thanks for posting about this problem. I was able to resolve the issue in the end which was to update the printer firmware. I was running Marlin 1.1.8 and upgraded to 1.1.9. With another printer reset and running the intial system commands that came on the SD card when we bought...
  2. ben.richards

Probing fail // BL touch

Thanks for the advice. I check how level the x axis rail is fairly regularly using a spirit level rested on top coupled with using a datum block to measure the distance between the rail and bed on the left and right side. When doing this occasionally I find that the distance between the rail...
  3. ben.richards

Probing fail // BL touch

By this do I understand you to mean levelling the rail on which the print head is fitted (running left to right) to the bed?
  4. ben.richards

Probing fail // BL touch

Hi all, I've been struggling this week with our BL touch. It gets some way through the bed levelling process and then stops with the message 'probing failed'. Watching it as it happens, the probe lowers but doesn't quite touch the bed resulting in the error and then the BL Touch starts it's...
  5. ben.richards

Large print edges lifting

Thanks for the advice. I think i'll give it a go. The points you've raised are spot on for the problems I'm having right now. I got the ABS to lay nicely with the brim, left the machine over night and returned this morning to this --> Clearly this is a problem in setup and environment...
  6. ben.richards

Why do you advise this? - Better for getting the material to lay properly?
  7. ben.richards

As a quick update to this. I haven't been able to find a way to put the square tabs in using Cura, though setting a brim around the part in the gcode seems to have done the trick. Incidentally, I tried this print without any sticky additive (glue stick etc) and it has taken to the bed far...
  8. ben.richards

Hey Joshua, Thanks for the advice. Is adding the tabs a custom setting? Do you know how it's done in Cura? I guess the tabs could be added to the CAD model itself for later removal or just add a brim to the whole print?
  9. ben.richards

Hello all, We have a gMax 1.5 XT+ dual extrude printer running marlin 1.1.9 and fitted with the gCreate heated bed. I've been trying to print models with a large base size (anything which falls outside the 8x8" centre zone). Each time I do some or all the edges of the print start to lift...