Recent content by DerenNickerson

1. D

Dual Extrusion shift

Thanks! What program is that you're running? I also posted on reddit and I got a couple great tips about using one's grid feature on their phone camera, and calibrating the X/Y offsets that way.
  2. D

Gmax2 user experience / machine reliability

Me too! I love the gMax at my work and the staff at gCreate are very helpful when you can actually chat with them more than once every couple months... but the guides here are outdated and sometimes obsolete, and the community is too small to be self-reliant without the staff coming in to answer...
  3. D

Hey I have a question re: the forums. Any time I post a comment or thread with more than a few...

Hey I have a question re: the forums. Any time I post a comment or thread with more than a few sentences, I get an alert saying that the post is awaiting approval from mods. It eventually just disappears because, let's face it, no mods are ever here anymore. As someone who just successfully...
  4. D

Marlin questions

6- Which version of Cura should I be using with which version of Marlin for my specific printer and for what I'm doing? Does it matter? The main reason I need to update Marlin is because after rolling back to 1.1.1 I no longer have the Babystep Z or purge PLA options available.
  5. D

Marlin questions

4- Are there instructions on how to install Marlin 2? I downloaded it off the Marlin website but there was no clear way to input the config.h files. It appears to be different than previous versions.
  6. D

Marlin questions

3- Is there a reason I was told to roll back to Marlin 1.1.1 to upgrade to dual hotends? I have to assume because of this that either A: there are specific versions of Marlin and Cura that can only work together on specific printers, or B: The forums and resources here are outdated.
  7. D

Marlin questions

1- I read Marlin 2 utilizes more memory for certain functions and if you don't have a printer with an expanded memory, some functions won't work. I am unsure if I have the expansion, so I may be better off going with an older version of Marlin, yes? 2- There's a link in this forum to...
  8. D

Marlin questions

I'm wondering a few things about Marlin, I'll try to list them in detail below. For the record I am currently using a gMax 1.5+ printer with dual E3D extrusion, PLA main with soluble PVA support, heated bed, using Cura versions 3.2.1, 3.6, and 4.2 (for experimentation purposes), and I'm using...
  9. D

Hi admin, I'm just looking for some responses on some tech support threads that I've created.

Hi admin, I'm just looking for some responses on some tech support threads that I've created.
  10. D

Dual Extrusion shift

Hi I recently upgraded from a single J-Head to a dual E3D on my gMax 1.5+. I have set and adjusted my extruder heights and tinkered with my Z Offset. I followed all the instructions provided to me correctly and my first layers are absolutely fantastic looking now. Everything seems to be going...
  11. D

Good day Josh, I was hoping you could help me. I recently upgraded my gMax 1.5+ from a single...

Good day Josh, I was hoping you could help me. I recently upgraded my gMax 1.5+ from a single J-Head to a dual E3D, and I had to roll back my version of Marlin to 1.1.1 to facilitate the upgrade. I'm told I could be running Marlin 2, and I'm just wondering if there is a guide on installation and...
  12. D

Infill Quality - Low

At first I was only using the inner bed for printing so I had it on and left the outside zone off, but because my inside zone is pretty worn now I have been using the outside zone and heating both beds. I do feel like I'm getting a slight difference in infill quality now, but I can't say when I...
  13. D

Infill Quality - Low

I would have to say they tend to vary print to print, but one thing I have had huge issues with in the past is the Babystep Z being very inconsistent between prints as well (of the same model). It always seems to need to be tweaked to a different number even after leveling the bed. I finally...
  14. D

Dual Extruder Upgrade

Thanks! I'm certain this will all be very useful in aiding me.
  15. D

Infill Quality - Low

Hey stcipad, sorry I was a little unclear there. I run a layer height of between .1 and .3 mm, and a line width of 0.5. It was recommended on a couple guide pages that I should run my line width the same as my extruder size and then run my layer height at 20% of that. If I go to a higher infill...