Recent content by hoovdini

1. H

Inconsistent Sides / Banding Issue

Mine was already set to 8 on the jerk settings. So that won't help me, but maybe some other folks it will. The knob is of such low precision, however, that it's impossible to select "7". I can turn it to 6 or 8, but even when it shows 7 and I click the knob in to accept the value, it shows up...
  2. H

Inconsistent Sides / Banding Issue

I’ve noticed that my printer prints certain filaments well, and others like the image you’ve shown...some parts using Polymax PLA ( a personal favorite ) come out with a lot of banding, while other PLA’s do not. PETG prints pretty well with less banding. If I print the same filament on my CR-10...
  3. H

Print Quality Issues... Any help would be appreciated!

I wanted to add here that I finally got the perfect layer lines and smooth finish I knew the Gmax could do. Turns out my extrusion multiplier was way to high (about .97) in Simplify 3D. I reduced that to about .93 for printing PLA and now I get great prints with smooth walls. I also calibrated...
  4. H

Print Quality Issues... Any help would be appreciated!

Are you printing using the heated bed? I’ve found the flex-printed clips gCreate includes are not rigid enough to keep the glass from moving slightly in x and y during really fast jerking moves (such as when the Extruders is doing infil in a zig-zag way). So try to get your glass bed completely...