Recent content by Jman

1. Jman

Multiple issues getting off the ground

The endstop is the switch that the table hits if you move it all the way towards you if you are in front of it. There is another one on the left vertical post that gets hit when the bar that the print head is on goes all the way down. The last one is the one that the print head hits when it...
  2. Jman

Prototype headlight

We used the lights for our prototype and they were in one of our race cars until the front was hit. For production we are using thermoformed plastic.
  3. Jman

British style door lock

4. Jman

Prototype headlight

I think it is a good printer. Bigger parts need a learning curve but I think I am there now.
  5. Jman

Prototype headlight

3 days to draw in Solidworks to get all the details the way we wanted them. We changed a few things after a couple days so I had to redo some stuff.
  6. Jman

Prototype headlight

Here is the last pic
  7. Jman

Prototype headlight

8. Jman

Prototype engine valve cover

Good to know, thanks
  9. Jman

I used the stable version of slic3r to make the g-code then ran it off the computer using pronterface
  10. Jman

This is for the Ford Mustang Coyote engine (5.0L). The whole inside is great, like the sides of the outside.
  11. Jman

12. Jman

How to finish PLA parts

Thanks for the info.
  13. Jman

The wires were wrong in the plug but it was obvious when I looked at the three limit switch plugs on the board. It was different than the others.
  14. Jman

Printing on Blue Tape

Thanks for the info. I agree the PLA sticks nicely to the acrylic, I just hate hitting the bed and part so hard.
  15. Jman

I found a couple problems with the Y-stop. I replaced the Y-stop with a new one. I then found the LCD screen would only go on when I pressed the stop. I found the wires in the plug for the y-stop inside the electronics enclosure were in a different order than the wires in the other axis stop...