Recent content by mvanderploeg

1. M

Gmax 1.0

Could someone also post the old firmware? I had to get a new Arduino and I don't have the old files... I tried the 1.5 build on it, but it went crazy... Thanks!
  2. M

Power Supply / LCD Screen Issue

After more trouble shooting, I bought a new ramps board, and rewired the whole thing. It is now running, but my steppers are no longer calibrated correctly so I will need to go back in and re-tune them :( I came to the conclusion that everything was running through the 5V (low voltage) fine...
  3. M

Hotend becomes loose or jerky - w/ FIX

I've had some issues with the first layer being somewhat rough and wavy. My extruder is calibrated, and the problem seems to sort itself out in the following layers, but it's a little concerning to me.... Any ideas?
  4. M

Bed Sag

Here is my setup with the 3/16" plate aluminum bed and 3mm acrylic print surface attached with binder clips. It works amazing and the tolerances are really tight. I used 3/4" aluminum C channels as well instead of the angles. I also recut the bed attachment plate out of 9mm acrylic and removed...
  5. M

Skewed Y-axis on prints

1) turn your acceleration down to X800 Y800. 2) Tighten the Y Belt 3) Make sure the Y drive gears are aligned so the belt isn't catching on the side walls and causing gear to skip. 4) Lastly, check your pots for the Y axis stepper motor. Try those :) My prints looked just like yours when I...
  6. M

Bed Sag

The heat sink effect is the main reason I'm using the bed :) (I'd like to attach heating leads to a routed out section in the future for a heated bed for printing ABS) For now, while using PLA, I'm attaching a 1/16" sanded acrylic sheet with binder clips for a print surface. I ended up...
  7. M

Bed Sag

Hi everyone. So I got my hands on an 18x18 piece of 1/4" aluminum. It weights the same as tempered glass, but it's easier to mill holes into. I'm planning on putting a 1/16" piece of acrylic on top with binder clips, but I'm concerned about the inertia (from weight) of the assembly weight...
  8. M

Bed attachment plate question

Thanks for the offer. I ended up getting it from Gordon. Re cut the plate with no cut outs and 9mm acrylic. That think is solid as a rock now.
  9. M

Extruder won't feed filament

Also try loosening the screw of the bearing holds pressure on the filament to the extruder motor. See the forum topic called sloppy layering for more info. I had a similar problem and lessoning the pressure helped the filament to flow a lot smoother.
  10. M

Bed attachment plate question

Is there anywhere that the CAD file for the carriage bed shown in the image lives? I snapped mine off while trying to scrape off a print :( I need to cut a new one.
  11. M

Sloppy Layering

PROBLEM SOLVED! The printer wasn't over extruding it was extruding uneven. The problem: The spring that connects the extruder drive feeder and the beaning together was putting to much pressure on the filament causing it to flow jerky (thus the stepping motion wave). All i did was loosen the...
  12. M

Sloppy Layering

Rowan, Thanks for the reply. I calibrated the extrusion end in the firmware already, and I lowered the extrusion multiplier and it helps a little. However, the problem is that that the flow is just not consistent. If you refer to the first picture I uploaded it seems that the flow is "jerky" /...