Recent content by Runnerb03

1. R

SD card not reading

Have you tried an alternate SD card?
  2. R

Heated bed relay clicking away like mad

Another update. As an experiment i changed the g-code to not use the heated bed to see if anything would be different. No change, right before it started to print the computer rebooted.
  3. R

gMAX, any troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated. Regards,
  4. R

Another interesting thing is for the first time that I can recall. When I am using the "selector wheel?" and getting to "print from SD card" I could hear the y-axis motor making a noise. I don't previously recall ever hearing it. Rotating to select my print and going back would make the motor...
  5. R

So on a hunch I bought another relay and that did not fix the problem. While it didn't click like mad the print still failed three times. The first time I got a "failed to home" error right when it was about to start printing and the other two the computer decided to reset just as it started...
  6. R

I had an issue with a print today where I couldn't get the first layer to complete without it freezing part way in. After 3 failed re-attempts my relay started clicking like crazy and at that point I stopped. I am printing with PLA so I can likely do without the heated bed but has anyone else...
  7. R

Webb, I was curious as to how your enclosure is working? I plan on trying to make something...

Webb, I was curious as to how your enclosure is working? I plan on trying to make something similar to try to trap heat in and keep dust out of the printer area. How did you manage all the cables and bits? And do you have any temperature monitoring/control for the enclosure? I would think the...
  8. R

Dual gMax 2 stops printing after a few minutes. Every time.

Did you ever figure out why it was pausing. I just have the single extruder and twice the printer has just stopped for no obvious reason. Once I transferred the file over the internet to the gtouch controller and it just paused. I took the same file and put it on a USB and had no problem.
  9. R

Slight layer shift when changing filament or hitting pause

I would imagine this is a pretty common problem but has anyone managed to get their printer dialed in to go exactly back to where it was printing prior to either pausing a print and/or changing out the filament? I always seem to get a little step when the printer gets back to work.
  10. R

3D prints parting while being removed

I recently started using the heated bed after some print's edges were warping off of the BuildTak flexible plate. The heated bed has seemed to fix that but I have a new problem that about 1/8" above the heated build plate the prints breaks off of the base when removing the print. I am printing...
  11. R

Z-Axis wont "Auto Home" when gTouch Controller is on

I will say that after many more prints it rarely happens. Majority of the time it goes back to home.
  12. R

Simplify3d not starting heated bed

What does your starting script look like?
  13. R

Installing Volcano nozzle on gMax 2

Rmoran, How did the volcano upgrade go for your printer?
  14. R

gmax 2 fails to be dimensionally correct

I have made dummy gauges for 0.25" and 0.75" diameter and they were only off a few thousandths. I wouldn't expect it to be spot on but its pretty good for a printer.
  15. R

Z-Axis wont "Auto Home" when gTouch Controller is on

When hitting the "Auto home" feature the x and y axis have no problem finding home but the z-axis hangs out in space. It wasn't until I turned off the gTouch controller that it was able to go home. I tried on both the printer and gTouch controller and neither would work until it had turned off.