Recent content by Spudwheelie

1. S

E3D Volcano

Yes you do need to run a PID autotune. These parameters do quite a lot to keep the hotend at a stable temperature. Since the j-head and E3D volcano are made with different metals and different masses. Not to mention to constant cooling of the heat-sink fan. They will not heat up and cool off at...
  2. S

E3D Volcano

Connect the heater cartridge: You will have to either crimp on a 2 pin connector to the E3D heater cartridge. Or by pass the connector all together and wire it directly to the ramps. This depends on weather or not you want to interchange your extruders. Connectors are prone to failure overtime...
  3. S

Clay Extruder attachment

This solenoid valve should work with the ramps board in place of a heater cartridge. Its either on or off. So you would have to modify Marlin to get it to work correctly. It operates at 12V DC 1.5 AMps. You could get 2. Once connected to the inlet of your compressor the other to the outlet...
  4. S

Auto Bed Leveling / Z Probing for gMax Printers.

How do you adjust the z-height of the servo? with gcode or hardware?
  5. S

Prototype headlight

This is really cool! How long did it take to model?
  6. S

Temp drops 50 degrees before finishing the first layer

Unplugged the heater cartridge. Plugged it back in. And... it begins to heat up immediately. It did corrupt my screen the moment I plugged it in. I need to include that I put my own connectors on for my heater cartridge because the local hobby shop did not sell the ones that came with my gMax...
  7. S

Openscad snowflakes

8. S

Please upload the middle filament spool bracket

I drew this up to work with the bearings that came with the gMax. I used smaller bearings because they fit the 1/4"x20 threaded rod that I had from another project. Because of this the bottom of the reel rubs. I highly doubt a filament reel will fall out of these things.
  9. S

Yes very important point there. Just a safety, so the dowel would be loose and easy to slide out and back in. Keep using the brackets with bearings to keep fiction low. If your feeling crazy. I just butchered up a right filament bracket in blender. I made it wider and taller. Lower center of...
  10. S

I have been using 40%. This may be too much but I would rather over engineer them.
  11. S

Fan shroud / bracket for E3D

Blender. I have actually not received my volcano yet. I wonder if it was lost in the mail. Thanks for letting me know that the fan bracket does not fit. I will put a few more mm on the slots.
  12. S

You most likely printed the filament brackets for the 1.0. Go to downloads then go to gmax 1.5 3d files. You can download a zip with all the parts for the 1.5 and 1.5xt. I put the 1.5 filament brackets I printed in a zip for you.