Recent content by squevis

1. S

Z-Level Drift Over Time

I have had my printer for about two years and have had a problem building up over time and it is starting to get very bad lately. The levels detected by the BLTouch drift over time to become higher and higher values. Almost like the z-offset is changing, but it is not. As a result, when I level...
  2. S

Autotune Heated Bed?

I would like to know how to autotune the heated bed I added to my gMax 2. I bought the kit from gCreate. The Marlinware GCODE site says the extruder number should be "E-1." However, an error is thrown saying that is a bad extruder number. Anyone know the correct number to use for the heated bed?
  3. S

BL Touch Attempting to Probe Off Bed

Out of the blue, my gMax2 will no longer run the bed level routine properly. I run G28 to home the printer. When I enter the G29 command (either by myself or in GCODE), the probe goes to the front left corner but goes too far to the left. The BL Touch probe is now no longer over the bed and the...
  4. S

Need some help with my first layer!

Turns out I need to replace the BuildTak layer on top of the glass. It was detaching from the glass. gCreate support was very helpful in pointing me to the parts I will need to fix this. They also provided some good advice to avoid it in the future, "Always let the bed cool before you remove the...
  5. S

Need some help with my first layer!

I am using a gCreate gMax 2. I have the heated bed with heated bed surface. I realize the surface is not mirror smooth, but these peaks and valleys make me think that the printer is ignoring my bed leveling altogether. When I run my fingers over the build surface, I can feel the high and low...
  6. S

Can someone identify these components?

I need to repair a connection that pulled apart on my gMax2 that was responsible for heater failure. What is the industry name for the terminal connection below? Additionally, what is the name of the red sheath and what is the name of the tool I need to crimp the connection? Also, how do I...
  7. S

Simplify3d not starting heated bed

I sorted it out. My starting script looks like this now: M140 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ; start bed heating up G28 ; Home all M190 R{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ; wait for bed to reach printing temp G29 ; run auto bed leveling routine M500 ; M201 X500 Y500; Set X and Y...
  8. S

Dual Extruder Nozzle Clogging

A few months ago, I purchased a gMax 2 with Dual Extruder. I have gotten to the point that I would like to start using the second extruder with PVA support material. I cannot find a dual extruder Simplify3d config file anywhere on the site. I setup my own machine config (generic) in Simplify3d...
  9. S

Correct Way to Cancel Build at Machine

It appears that when I have my OctoPrint unit connected to the USB port, both the "Stop Print" and "Pause Print" options disappear.
  10. S

There is not a "Stop Print" or "Pause Print" button on any screen. It is really strange. I should mention I am using OctoPrint. I don't know if that somehow changes the Marlin firmware's options. It does not change any options on my Lulzbot Workhorse.
  11. S

Simplify3d not starting heated bed

I just got a heated bed for the gMax 2. I can get it to work from the control panel but cannot get Simplify3d to start it with the GCODE. I have set it up in Simplify3d the way the instructions say (see below). I have also add GCODE to my End Script to turn it off, just like the instructions say...
  12. S

Thank you so much for offering to help. Is there a specific menu you are looking for? Below are the Info and the Firmware screens. I should mention that I use Octoprint and that is how I currently have to cancel any builds. That option actually waits until the last command is done running, so it...
  13. S

Correct Lubricant/Grease for Z-Axis Bearings

The upper left z-axis bearing "creaks" alot when the z-axis is low and is going up. It gets worse the further the toolhead gets to the right of the machine. Bed leveling can get pretty noisy. I have leveled the x-axis a couple of times using the tool in the menu and that has not helped. Is there...
  14. S

I just got my first gMax 2 printer and had the skirt get come loose and get caught by second extruder nozzle. I was scrolling through the firmware options on the LCD and could not find a "Pause Print" or "Cancel Print" options under any of the headings. The firmware is a customized version of...