Filament Jumping off Roller

Hello All,

My filament is being pushed off the swing arm bearing by the drive gear. This causes the filament to be pinched, and break or it just does not feed.

My thoughts were to find a v-groove/flange bearing to make sure the filament stays on track, but I wanted to see if anyone else had easier solutions or something I should be doing.

Thank you in advance for your help!

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes slowing down the print can help this situation. It is not trying to force the filament through the hotend as much. But we have played around with some grooved 624 bearings and had success.

Sometimes slowing down the print can help this situation. It is not trying to force the filament through the hotend as much. But we have played around with some grooved 624 bearings and had success.
The drive gear is still pushing the filament out. Any more tips?

Here is what I have tried so far:
Changing filaments
Slowing/Increasing speed
Increasing/decreasing extrusion
Using a v-grooved bearing
Changing out the driving gear
Increasing extrusion temp

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
How old is your nozzle? After a while it starts to wear out and can also start get a build up inside them. Also, check to make sure your fan shroud is pointing towards the print and not the heater block. Also make sure to use the blue silicone boot for the E3D.

Slept on it, and I started at groound zero with all the parameters and worked from there. I ended up adjusting z-height, extrusion and speed and so far it is all good signs! Thank you for the assistance!