gMax 1.5XT+ Firmware update not working

Wanted to update/reflash the firmware on my gMax 1.5XT+ and I couldn't find a proper firmware version for the 1.5XT+ as none of the firmware versions show an option for an XT+ variant. I attempted to flash the "gMax 1.5 XT SINGLE Extruder Original LCD Screen" firmware but upon flashing the printers display just showed a blue screen and the buzzer was constantly on. If anybody has the proper firmware or knows what I did wrong while flashing that would be much appreciated.

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have the full sized LCD screen? If so, this is our latest firmware. You will need the BLTouch installed as well. Here is are instructions on how to install the .hex files for your printer. Dont worry about the difference between XT and non XT, since we use the same firmware for both. You just have to make sure you select the correct extruder setup.

Do you have the full sized LCD screen? If so, thisis our latest firmware. You will need the BLTouch installed as well. Here is are instructions on how to install the .hex files for your printer. Dont worry about the difference between XT and non XT, since we use the same firmware for both. You just have to make sure you select the correct extruder setup.
Yep that worked, thank you very much!

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
If you have the older screen, you will not be able to use the newer firmware. It is set up to use the larger screen we currently use. But there should be instructions on what you need to upload the older firmware.

or, barring that, would the firmware work if I simply replaced the original screen with the full screen version? I'm not opposed to purchasing the new screen if you have the part number.

Im getting an error saying "firmware cannot be uploaded because there is no connection with the printer". I just replaced all the boards. I was geting this error before the board replacement. Suggestions...