Search results

1. N

Upgrade my aged gMax 1.5

Hi @Jarhead, Yes I know how to do that -- I can see it's the ramps 1.4 board. The reason I'm asking is: I'd rather spend the time printing the badly needed supplies than tweaking the printer -- however much fun it would be. I have a mostly dead Makerbot Replicator 2x I'm panning to turn into...
  2. N

Upgrade my aged gMax 1.5

Hi Everyone, In view of the corona 3D print requests -- I'm looking to upgrade my very aged (original Gmax 1.5 with LCD display) to do some printing for the Local hospital needed items, like ear protectors for the mask straps. 1. Is it possible/practical to upgrade it to the full display? --...
  3. N

Auto Bed Leveling / Z Probing for gMax Printers.

Thanks Mule5000, I will try this out and give it some thought, I will post any changes that I will make. I'm really excited about the auto-leveling. Leveling the printer is my least favorite activity ... BTW, does anyone have the STL or a part file for the front plate for a double extruder...
  4. N

Error when updating the firmware

Waiting ... Holding breath .... :D. Yes thanks to this thread my firmware upgrade was a non event. Thanks to everyone and especially to shaqFoo!!!! Nick
  5. N

gmax 1.5 for sale

I'm so sorry you had to struggle with this alone. We have a 3D printing community in Hoboken (pretty close to you) at the Hoboken MakerBar (38 Jackson Street, Hoboken NJ -- the door closest to Newark Ave on the second floor). We are running 3D printing events all the time as well as the 3D...
  6. N

Auto Bed Leveling / Z Probing for gMax Printers.

Hi shaqFoo, Thanks for this! I've been green with jealousy looking at all the newer printers that do auto leveling. I have a question that is really bothering me. how do we attach the probe to the extruder assembly, the link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awsI9bM ... GeFXTffiP9) earlier is...
  7. N

Error when updating the firmware

Hi All, It would be great if someone would create a short step-by-step for neophytes who may not be aware that their Gmax is using Ramps board rev1.4 and the firmware instructions are: 1. Download Arduino dev environment from the Arduino site Version 1.0.5 (not the latest) 2. Download Firmware...