Search results

1. N

gMax 1.5 to gMax 2

I guess we can infer from this post on IG they are Hiwin rails.
  2. N

Marlin 1.1.9 Bed Leveling

Are you replying to the wrong thread or have some messages been deleted?
  3. N

Ok. Thanks for the info.
  4. N

The install instructions for 1.1.9 state G29 should be removed from the start gcode. This prevents the bed probe from running before each print. Marlin documentation indicates G28 disables bed leveling and we need M420 S1 after G28 to reenable bed leveling or RESTORE_LEVELING_AFTER_G28 needs to...
  5. N

Marlin 1.1.8 update issue extruder moves up to top rail and crashes and grinds during bed level script

They have released 1.1.9 firmware. Are you having problems with that?
  6. N

Probing fail // BL touch

Yes. If it is far enough out on one side, the probe won't touch the bed. This happens to me if I am working on the printer with the power off and put pressure on the x rail. The z screws move easily when the power is off.
  7. N

Probing fail // BL touch

Check the alignment of your x axis to the frame or bed surface. Make sure it is running in plane with the bed.
  8. N

Large print edges lifting

What bed temp seems to work best?
  9. N

Looking to install the Titan Aero hotend.

I am running this one on two 1.5+ machines. It works. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3333057 Edit: I just noticed you wanted Titan Aero...
  10. N

That is a common look for a large ABS print! If you do go with PEI and then try PETG filament, consider applying a coat of glue stick to the PEI as a release agent. I have read that PETG can bond permanently to PEI. I have always used glue stick for PETG prints, just in case! It has worked...
  11. N

Yes. It is less finicky about the first layer squish than BuildTak. It holds PLA well at 60C and ABS at 100C and releases both nicely at 50C. Even BuildTak sells PEI now. BuildTak PEI is very thin so, I am not sure how durable it is. You can find thicker sheets of PEI at CShyde company. 20 - 40...
  12. N

I would recommend throwing away the Buildtak and installing a sheet of matte finish PEI.
  13. N

gMax 1.5 to gMax 2

I would recommend Hiwin as well. It is a pretty simple question about the gMax 2. The answer isn't available in the product specs and they haven't bothered to answer here. If they are going into the higher end of the market with a $4k gMax 2, they should be very clear about the components...
  14. N

gMax 1.5 to gMax 2

We are asking what brand of rails and bearings they are using on gMax 2. For the price tag, it shouldn't be a Chinese knock-off part. Open Builds doesn't sell linear rails and bearings.
  15. N

gMax 1.5 to gMax 2

What linear bearings and rails did you decide to use on gMax 2?
  16. N

Inconsistent Sides / Banding Issue

I do agree. That is a fantastic spool holder! :D
  17. N

Large Spool Holder

I am not sure why the original link isn't working. This one does. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1531851
  18. N

I think I just bricked my gMax 1.5+

Download the firmware again and reflash if you are still able to connect to the board.