Search results

1. MIKE238

Need help setting up my computer to run the printer

I used the card that came with the printer and it worked fine for a couple of months until it, for some reason, no longer worked. The reader just simply was no longer able to read the card and other cards that I have. All were properly formatted. Thus the reason for me to set up my laptop to...
  2. MIKE238

Yep, working perfectly now from my laptop to the printer. Actually, I'm finding I prefer it this way as there is more info spooling from the Simplify3D window and it seems to run more smoothly. I did have a "burp" the other day when I had a connection glitch but it seemed to clear itself up and...
  3. MIKE238

Multiple issues getting off the ground

Hey thanks for the info about the endstops. Yesterday I was able to get Arduino set up on my laptop for running the printer externally from the computer. I would definitely recommend using Simplify3D as it has worked extremely well for me and now I will use it to run the printer from the laptop...
  4. MIKE238

Aha. I think I solved it. I had originally "installed" Arduino version 1.6.12 which actually didn't have an installer. To use it you just click on the .exe file in the downloaded folder. Since it didn't have an installer none of the drivers were installed and I didn't know how to install them...
  5. MIKE238

Multiple issues getting off the ground

Hi Jman. I'm having exactly the same problems you're having, mainly with the printer no longer able to read from the SD card. Can you help me out? Can you tell me what the "endstop" is and maybe that would solve my problem? Also, I tried to set up an external computer to run the printer and I...
  6. MIKE238

Room temp effect?

I had no problem with adherence or warping in the summer but now that it's much colder inside my house I have had issues with both. Once my printer is up and running again (the printer isn't able to read the SD card now and I'm trying to get an external computer to run it) I'm going to try...
  7. MIKE238

Thanks Roxy, I really appreciate the help. Yeah that's the problem - there were no com ports showing up in the device manager and I knew I needed help for that. I don't want to sound like an airhead but where do I find a USB Serial Port driver? Do I get that from here at gCreate or somewhere...
  8. MIKE238

When I turn on the computer the LCD controller lights up even when the printer is turned off so at least that means the computer "sees" the printer. I go to Device Manager and do not see any ports there. But there is the printer as an "Unknown Device": I hope this helps... Mike
  9. MIKE238

By the way, I need to do this because my printer still is not able to read the SD card. Been unable to print for the past three weeks because of this problem - thus my reason to run it from the laptop.
  10. MIKE238

Printer not reading SD card

Hey Roxy. I tried what you suggested about inserting and removing the card many times but it didn't work for me. I doubt there's any corrosion as this printer is only two months old. I sent a note to Kyle last Friday at gCreate but no response yet. In the meantime I'm SOL. Thanks again for your...
  11. MIKE238

Thanks Roxy, I'll give that a try. I hope that works...
  12. MIKE238

Well, guess what, the machine is back to NOT reading the SD card. I had started a print but aborted it as I saw I needed to tweek the gCode so I removed the card. Then when I reinserted the card the machine said there was no SD card. I turned off the machine then turned it back on with the card...
  13. MIKE238

Turns out, in my case, the fix was easier than expected. Something told me to blow into the card slot and, voila, it now is able to read the card again. May not work for everyone but it is something to keep in mind.
  14. MIKE238

Hi dunginhawk. Yeah, I tried it both ways - leaving the card in and turning on the machine or turning on the machine then inserting the card. Didn't work either way. When I insert the card the main screen does say "Card inserted" but when I go to the next screen it says "No card". I did send a...
  15. MIKE238

hello was there any update on this?
  16. MIKE238

Dust cover for gMax 1.5+

Oops, one thing I forgot to tell you is that I used upholstery thread for sewing the pieces together. Upholstery thread is much stronger than "normal" thread and will be quite durable. Mike
  17. MIKE238

Dust cover for gMax 1.5+