Search results

1. K

My gMax 1.5 modded Trifecta

Good stuff! I tried a heat bed. But it honestly takes forever to heat up.
  2. K

Looks like the Y_MAX_POS was causing the issue. It needs to be at least 220. Any idea why or how to change it? Other than that, everything is calibrated and ready to go. I attached the file. I think. I hope it helps! Justin
  3. K

Woops. Sorry. It should have been unlisted. Fixed it. Anyway ran into a weird issue. Everything works fine until the extruder heats and bed tries to go to the center position. Not sure why, but the motor for the Y axis goes the wrong way. Any idea? Justin
  4. K

No worries. Got it fixed. I wonder if a 10mm fan might work rather than a 15mm fan. Anyway I had to do a ton of adjustment to get it working for my needs. Most of my prints are over 18" wide, but just 1" thick, so this prints 21" wide by 7" thick. Not sure about height, but I figure a 15" print...
  5. K

Sorry. I'm stuck on how the fan mounts to the back of the extruder for the 1.5. Does any have a photo of this?
  6. K

Hey, thanks. Well I'm not really doing large format prints. I was, but they didn't work out so well. And I need to create thin vents, so I'm probably going to keep with E3D v6 all metal. I tried the lite, but there was a ton of oozing. The way the extruder system worked, I didn't know if I...
  7. K

8. K

What's the right STL file size?

Awesome! Thanks! Good to know!!!
  9. K

What's the right STL file size?

10. K

infill acceleration and fan speed?

I made two changes that seemed to have fixed the problem. 1) the TOP SOLID INFILL is not set to 65. It's not only reduced the vibration, but made the front look much nicer. 2) I changed the layer height to 25. Since my builds don't have ay significant design detail, this works great! I think...
  11. K

infill acceleration and fan speed?

I was suggest the vibration limited added a delay between moved and might not be the best option. But I can try just printing a single hinge and see. The layer height is 20. I was actually considering changing it to 23 or 25 as the medium option have. There is not alot of detail on my print...
  12. K

gMax DoubleWide build in progress

Well saturday I turned the fan all the way off, and that overheated the system and melted the entire extruder system. But no worries. I printed what I needed with my gMax 1.0 and I'm back on track. Yes, as long as nothing beyond the print is actually destroyed, I'm good to try and try again...
  13. K

Turns out I didn't need it. Please keep in mind I'm printing something mainly empty in the middle, but it's almost 500 x 240 mm. That's quite a bit that is just pressed flat on the bed. At 225 degrees the ABS started coming off the acrylic in a few minutes, but at 235 degrees it stuck and...
  14. K

Yeah changing the angle by 90 degrees would just make it jam faster, and putting the whole thing on it's side wasn't a solution. But I had 2 foot 1515 t-slots by 80/20 around still, so I thought I'd make good use of them this way. About to test printing with ABS tonight. I think I'll need a...
  15. K

To finish my DoubleWide story... It tuns out the side aluminum weight was not the problem, but the pressure they caused between the other sides of aluminum. Long store short, I removed them, and now I can print flat 10" by 20" with no problem. Of course with forward momentum comes new...
  16. K

I'd avoid 3/32. That's always some thin glass. I always go at least 3mm which is also 1/8". That works for most anything I build. But 3/16" can also be good if you need it big and flat. 1/4" glass can be an overkill. 5 bars fixed my issues with the 14" inches in depth: But now the sides are...
  17. K

Thanks Chris! I love the hole idea! I'm gonna do that when I get home! As it is, I'm out in San Francisco doing a video shoot. But it's not stopped me thinking about how to fix this issue. Are you using 1/8" glass or 3/16"? I had some time to kill today waiting for my crew, so I went over to...
  18. K

E3D v6 Hotends don't fit.

Use that one you found! Sorry, I wish I did have an updated design. But I'm sticking to the single until I find a use for the dual. But the dual for me became more cumbersome than was worth. Why not go all the way to the Kraken! Justin
  19. K

If I never mentioned it before, this machine is to build fronts onto terrariums. 10g are 10"x20" and 20g Longs are 12"x30". First printing tests were done today building a tee nut. It was perfect on the first try! A depth test was done printing a 200mm circle. The result was less promising. It...