Search results

1. M

gMax 1.0 custom mod to 1.5/XL (am I crazy?)

Thanks for the info! I have already replaced my original bed w a piece of glass so that's no big deal. I can have a bigger piece cut easily. I literally just taped it down with flex seal tape. lol that stuff is really strong! Anyway, yeah, I"ll have to do some research into finding the parts but...
  2. M

gMax 1.0 custom mod to 1.5/XL (am I crazy?)

@CalebC that's pretty cool! I found this thread bc I was thinking of modding my 1.5 XT+ to get a few more inches of print space. Is it just a matter of extending the frame (horiz and vert), getting a longer belt, longer rods and a bigger bed? Is there software modding that needs to happen...
  3. M

Marlin 1.1.8 update issue extruder moves up to top rail and crashes and grinds during bed level script

Did we ever figure this out? I just updated to 1.1.8 (gmax 1.5+) and when I try to level, it goes straight to the top as well..
  4. M

gMax 1.5+ Marlin Firmware 1.1.1 Upgrade

Followed the youtube video to upgrade the firmware for my gMax 1.5+ dual extruder. Downloaded firmware 1.1.4 from the github page. Uploaded it through the arduino app as suggested. Turned on the printer and get nothing but a blank screen. Just tried reinstalling the firmware from the gcreate...
  5. M

Newb Print Fail Question

Yeah, I don't have anything snagging anything. I've watched it, slowly just printing over nothing as it's shifted backwards..I just did some jerk control adjustments and acceleration control.. we'll see if that helps.
  6. M

Newb Print Fail Question

Yeah, I just got my gmax 1.5+, and running into this as well. I'm good with small prints, but I did a medium sized Bender head, and it shifted at the end as well. I thought maybe it was a fluke and then i tried a large print which failed pretty quickly and continued to shift farther and farther...