Search results

1. S

Infill Quality - Low

You have the heated bed, right? Are you heating both zones all the time? I had a similar issue until I made sure I leveled the bed with both zones on and at temp.
  2. S

Infill Quality - Low

Do the infill lines vary from print to print of the same model, or between two different models?
  3. S

gMax 1.5 XT+ upgrade to Genuine E3D Hemera 1.75mm 12V Direct Kit

Do you have a voltmeter? I'm not sure what voltage the power supply puts out, so that wold be the determining factor. The power supply on my 1.5 only appears to put out 12v (+ & -), but I don't know if you could get away with going from 12+ to 12- to get 24 v, I'm not that experienced with power...
  4. S

1.5+ GMax Heated bed controller sling

The controller for the heated bed on the 1.5+ Gmax plus doesn't have a great place to live with the Gcreate cart, so I designed one that will hang off the wall of the lower cart shelf.
  5. S

Dual Extruder Upgrade

Hard to believe they didn't have some guidance of how to put this all together, but the wiring diagram I attached, while for a single extruder, shows that the second extruder power is connected above it.
  6. S

Infill Quality - Low

What happens if you go up to 40% infill? When you you say: Do you mean height? because earlier you mention between .1 and .3 mm
  7. S

Infill Quality - Low

One thing I have noticed is the nozzle diameter plays a big part in how well it can do certain things. If the infill is too fine a detail, the printer will try and lay it down, but just can’t handle it. I have dabbled in Cura a little bit, but mostly use simplify3d, the print preview feature is...
  8. S

Dual Extruder Upgrade

Can you attach some pictures of what you have currently on your gmax, and what you are trying to go to? I have a gcreate Max 1.5+ with dual e3ds. Does the upgrade kit have a carriage to support a new extruder?
  9. S

Fan Shroud E3D Volcano

I modified the First Print file to account for the longer nozzles by expanding the x-axis by 8.5mm. The picture below is the first print with the standard e3D nozzles that came with the printer, the second the first print with the new volcano nozzle.
  10. S

Fan Shroud E3D Volcano

These are some models I made for the Fan shroud for the 1.5+ Dual Extruder. The Fan shroud isn't great, and does touch the heater block, but the silcone sock should protect it.