Search results

1. crussell

Gmax 1.0 Config files

Snavazio - these should be the 1.0 files, but not sure if they are the most recent or not. Only one I have archived. https://app.box.com/s/tzk31drlea15bu8oykk5jtz8ie9ygc6x
  2. crussell

Gmax 1.0 Bearing Style filament holders

CalebC, If I hadn't had a chance to say thank you, a little belated, but "Thank you."
  3. crussell

Mk7 vs mk8 extruder gear.

4. crussell

Gmax 1.0

Kyle, the zip looks to me missing the C shapped Z-Axis end-stop mount. Can you please add that file?
  5. crussell

Let's talk Octoprint

Kyle, PM me with the make/model of your router at home. There may be an easier way to set this up without the relay that will save you a few bucks and give you faster performance.
  6. crussell

Let's talk Octoprint

Great write up Kyle! I'll add a few additional tips to expand on a few things you touched on. - There are some great free tools available that let you scan your network for devices and their IP's. For windows, Advanced IP Scanner is a great free tool (http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com)...
  7. crussell

Calibration problems

I second what Chris said.
  8. crussell

The Element

Interesting find Rosso, thanks for sharing.
  9. crussell

gCreate Spaceship- Fullsize print with questions

Larry, did you ever get this to come out clean? I'm curious to what the final resolution was.
  10. crussell

Welcome Kyle!

Definitely some interesting uses there for the gMax! Keep us posted on how the pumpkin molding comes out.
  11. crussell

Welcome Kyle!

12. crussell

gCreate Spaceship- Fullsize print with questions

Larry, try turning down your small perimeter speed a tad, and maybe dropping your perimeter acceleration a bit. I can't be certain, but coming off the rivets, it looks like your getting a little ringing from the sharp change of direction.
  13. crussell

Northern California gMax 1.5 XT

LIRlene.... I like that. She's one fine lady! For a simple spool safety, run a short length of PVC thru it with a rope down the middle and tied off at either end. Not elegant, but easy to deal with and the PVC should just roll with it. You want something pretty guess you can print your own tube.
  14. crussell

Please upload the middle filament spool bracket

Larry, that came out looking really purtty! I'd almost say even sexy had you given it a more feminine name :D I like the LED's you've added. Gives it an awesome glow. Just hope you used a dimmer so the neighbors aren't blinded.
  15. crussell

1.5 Conversion BOM

Thanks Chris. I'm going to dig thru the garage for L-Brackets this weekend then. I like the table leg approach you took with the vertical bolts. My 80/20 does have the center hole, so taping should not be a problem. For the 4 corners on the lower frame, I don't really want to work up a jig...
  16. crussell

1.5 Conversion BOM

17. crussell

Print quality good and bad on same part ??

From that orientation, does the printer move clockwise or counter clockwise? In other words, is the banding happening right after is rounds the corners? If so, turn down your acceleration settings in slicer. I have a heavy modified bed, so I'm at about 150.
  18. crussell

Print quality good and bad on same part ??

In slicer, under Print Settings >> Layers and Perimeters >> advanced (all the way at the bottom), make sure you have seam position set to "aligned" and not random. That looks like it's starting each layer at a different position.
  19. crussell

E3D Extruder Upgrade for gMax

Ray, being as I was privy to and earlier sneek-peek on the early work done on this, I am definately onboard :D :D ! In fact, you should already have funds sitting in your paypal account (or very shortly anyways...) :oops: . I'm really impressed with both the modularity and simplicity of this...