Search results

1. N

X-axis prints 0.2mm smaller

Well, spent 3+ hours yesterday working on my gMax, removed the bed, realigned entire frame, made sure that base is square, Z guides are vertical and aligned to one another, aligned Y axis rails and mounted bed carriage on them so it doesn't wobble at all and moves smoothly. About 80% of those...
  2. N

Lil' maker bot, nothing special...

And this is how overhang test came out...
  3. N

gMax 1.5 and XL

I was thinking yesterday to replace A-pillar configuration on my 1.0 with straight vertical pillars. And then I saw this thread today. Gordon, you read my mind, can't wait for conversion :)
  4. N

X-axis drive belt almost falling off

If anyone else needs one of these, it looks like pulley for 6mm GT2 timing belt: Spec: Pitch: 2mm (GT2) Number of tooth: 20 Outside Diameter: 15.00mm Length: 14.00mm Bore: 5.00mm Geared section diameter: 12.2mm (doesn't really matter, but some sites sell GT2 pulleys and then only specify this...
  5. N

Flipping the gear cannot be done because of those small screws that are used to fix the gear to the stepper motor shaft. In order for gear to be fixed to motor shaft I have to push it all the way towards the motor. That pulls the X-axis rubber belt over the plastic part that's holding Z-axis...
  6. N

Printing tweaking guide

First things first: - manual says check all bolts and nuts and tighten them up after few weeks or a month. Plastic parts need some time to settle after you assemble printer. Do it. I didn't and it does make a difference - Check positions of critical parts: are both Z rods parallel to each...
  7. N

Thanks Gordon. Darn. I'll do that tomorrow. Meanwhile, where can I buy replacement, or what is the part number or name or spec for the gear?
  8. N

Printing tweaking guide

9. N

SD card access and very thin filament extrusion

Alright! I keep answering my own questions. Every FOS-er dream! :) Slic3r does load setting automagically, however! Print, printer and filament tabs each have it's separate settings file! So you have to click little save icon on each of the tabs (three times!) to save all that you changed. I...
  10. N

SD card access and very thin filament extrusion

Argh!!! This is all doe to complatly wrong printer profile! Slic3r does not load settings automagically every time you start it. Got it. I load settings all the time. However, while I was thinkering and calibrating things it turned out that somewhere I probably pressed wrong button and all...
  11. N

Layers shifting during print

Max file size is 250kB. Mine are over 2MB so I had to resize them down to 25% of original size. Use any image editing program and find "Scale" or "Resize" option.
  12. N

Few things to mind(or never mind) while assembling your gMax

Re: Few things to mind(or never mind) while assembling your Hey, that is a good advice! I will do that, it really needs just a bit more clearance for those z-rods to feel comfortable.
  13. N

Skewed Y-axis on prints

14. N

Re: Few things to mind(or never mind) while assembling your Oh, and remember, patience and "rinse and repeat" routine: that is the path to success 8-)
  15. N

Re: Few things to mind(or never mind) while assembling your Torpedos away!