Search results

1. M

3D Printed Curta Calculator

I finished up some model changes I needed to make and reviewed all the parts and decided I was ready to release them. They are up on thingiverse at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1943171. I have a BOM and it lists all tools, printed tools, printed parts, and non-printed parts necessary. The...
  2. M

Thanks for the compliments. No need to pay for the design files, Kyle, I will be releasing them to the public. However I have gone through multiple revisions and there are some tools that need to be created which I need to update / improve. I will need to go through it all to collect and...
  3. M

4. M

Prototype engine valve cover

What slicer did you use? I have been using simplify 3d and have been impressed by the easy to remove supports, but I noticed slic3r has new support options.
  5. M

What does the ethernet cable plug into?

It plugs into this: http://www.gravitech.us/rjbrbo.html There was also discussion on how to use regular rj45 keystones instead in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=306&start=50
  6. M

Multiple issues getting off the ground

awesome, I'm glad you got it going
  7. M

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

I understand that S3D has configurations for the gMax 1.5 (I think one from S3D was posted on this forum somewhere). If you load that one up, you can just change the z-axis height. It would be in the preferences under the machine tab. They did not have a preset configuration when I started...
  8. M

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

Simplify 3D should work with the xt just fine. I didn't load any special configuration the first time I used S3D -- I manually defined the printer's layout / configuration. There are settings for the build volume in the preferences where X, Y, and Z dimensions can be defined.
  9. M

No problem -- I love the cars, btw. I've seen a couple of AC Cobra replicas at local autocrosses. I didn't talk to the owners, but I would guess they were made from kits produced by you guys.
  10. M

When you say you unplugged it, you are talking about the endstop? If that's the case, it sounds like you just need to replace that endstop. Gordon can probably get one to you. If you need it fast, you can always order one yourself. They can be found on Amazon or eBay pretty cheap. I used Amazon...
  11. M

If you unplug that endstop, does the computer see the printer? Also, if you shut off the printer's power supply, does the computer see the printer?
  12. M

The limit switch LEDs turn on when the switch is triggered. Are you saying the LED does not turn on when the switch is pressed?
  13. M

E3D Volcano

This probably would be a bad idea on an acrylic bed, but for prints that just won't come loose I have found that a heat gun on the bottom of the print bed until the top surface gets warm will easily release the stubborn print.
  14. M

Simplify3D Configuration Settings for gMax

I set the acceleration in the firmware through configuration.h
  15. M

I'm glad you're getting along well with those settings. One thing about the brim -- I alter the number of loops based on what I'm printing. If it's something with a lot of surface area that might cause more pull of the plastic as the layers cool or something with a very small surface area...
  16. M

I have been successful with Simplify3D. I am particularly impressed with the pathing it generates for support. I accidentally left support on when printing an object that didn't require it. However, the support it printed was easily removed from areas where it would be near impossible in Slic3r...
  17. M

Errors printing over USB

Yes, that's exactly what happened to me. I had to disconnect and reconnect to the printer in order to do anything. I was able to restart the print once or twice by deleting lines in the gcode up to where it stopped, reconnecting to the printer, set position to where it last stopped, and printing...
  18. M

Errors printing over USB

19. M

Printer just stops mid print??

I think Kyle may be on to something with the eject comment. Can you copy the gcode file off of the SD card and open it up with a text editor? Most slicers leave comments at the beginning and end of the file. If the end of the file is missing comments (lines beginning with a semicolon), it may...
  20. M

Printer just stops mid print??

Also if you are printing via USB, all of the host software I know of have a terminal / console / log that may contain relevant warnings or errors. If printing through my Macbook Pro, I have to go into the energy saver settings and make sure it is set to never go to sleep while plugged in.