Search results

1. S

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

Ok, so before I make changes to the start g code. This is what my current g code looks like. G28 ; home all axes G1 Z5 F5000; Raise nozzle M218 T1 X45 Y0; Set 2nd extruder offset M201 X500 Y500; Set X and Y acceleration values M204 S500; Set default acceleration What do I need to add or...
  2. S

Tempreature sensor

3. S

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

dark area?
  4. S

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

Hi, could you describe to me how to tighten the extruder swing arm? my belts were pretty tight I thought, but maybe I had to much friction on my vwheels, I loosened the right carrige bar and brought it closer to the other carriage bar only by 1/8'' that was as much as I could go before the v...
  5. S

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

Here is the egg .stl file it's meant to be around 3 to 4'' tall, just encase you decide you want to try and print it yourself and need to know the scale just in case the file didn't load, here is dropbox link to it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/00t0omno2e998 ... e.stl?dl=0
  6. S

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

Hey kyle, here is an image of an egg I printed, you can see the layer shifting or horizontal banding...before I was just seeing small vertical banding on my 20mm cubes, but this shows I think horizontal banding as well..any ideas?
  7. S

extruder belt extra length

Turns out I didn't need to trim them, they just had to "relax" from the coiled up position and after the first day I was able to just tuck them up above the extruders
  8. S

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

Yea my first layer thickness is 125% I thought about going to 100 and see what that does. I don't think it could mess with the hotend, but overtime it might wiggle the clamp that holds the hot end still loose? I have another question: after my print is done, my fan runs 100% i think to cool...
  9. S

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

that worked to get rid of the clicking/ extruder not being able to be pushed out sound; however it seems like I get a perfect first line with my skirt and first lines of the 1st layer, but then on the 2nd layer I can kinda still hear it rub across the 1st layer...I'm affraid that if I adjust the...
  10. S

gMax 1.5 Model Files

hey, not sure if this will work...or if you already knew about this method. You would still have to convert things, but it's fairly quick. Use netfabb studio basic, free, and import the .stl then export them as wavefront .obj and import them into solidworks... not sure if solidworks can import...
  11. S

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

I really wish I could get simplify 3D to work, and by that I mean heat my extruder up off the bed instead of right down on it.... I want to see the results with simplyfy on my gmax... As of now I'm doing all my testing using slic3r... It looks and sounds like my extruder is not coming up high...
  12. S

Built the gmax1.5 xt now what?

hello, I tried to manually put the extruder and bed so that both end stops were lit then try it out, but it still didn't raise the extruder to begin heating. I'm trying slic3r as well, but having positioning issues, the print xboxcalibration.stl is printing off the bed in the y direction...
  13. S

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

Ok, so I uploaded the config bundle into slic3r and I didn't change any settings, all I did was scale the original xboxdualconfiguration.stl file from 100% to 80% because I was afraid that with the skirt settings that I saw, 6mm away from the edge it might print off the bed....so I thought...
  14. S

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

Ok, I will try that out. Note: I am running slic3r 1.2.6 not sure if that has anything to do with it. I loaded the bundle and it said what you said it would 17 loaded. I noticed it says printer single 0.5mm nozzle, that should be fine even though I am running a dual extruder set up right, I'm...
  15. S

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

Shouldn't these two lines of code be below the G1 Z5 F5000; Raise nozzle? M104 S[first_layer_temperature_0] T0; set 1st nozzle heater to first layer temperature M104 S[first_layer_temperature_1] T1; set 2nd nozzle heater to first layer temperature we want the raise nozzle to be first before it...
  16. S

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

Ok, I'll try to email as well. I'll try this start and end g code out and see if it fixes the problem. In the meantime I tried to troubleshoot by myself, and tried to use slic3r to slice the xboxcalibration model...when I went to print from the SD card using the slic3r generated g code, the...
  17. S

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

Kyle: I used simplify 3D to slice the file and I added the start gcode that lifts the extruder that I found in your start gcode to my settings. here is what I have in my start g code scripts in simplify3D: G28 ; home all axes G1 Z5 F5000; Raise nozzle
  18. S

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

I'm not sure how to attach the gcode file, I tried, but it looks like nothing uploaded.
  19. S

gmax1.5xt and simplfy3D

Ok, well here's where I stand: I built the printer. 2.) turned the printer on and inserted SD card 3.) Hit print from SD card and selected the file 4.) it started heating the extruder 1 immediately to the target temp (BAD) it started to melt the bed a little because it skipped steps 1-6 in the...