Search results

1. C

Inconsistent Filament Extrusion

Hello! Just my two cents... I've seen stuff like that happen myself, and generally it had to do with the filament. Do you happen to have another roll of filament you can try? What temperature are you extruding at? Something else I have done is raise the Z axis up about 30mm or so using the...
  2. C

Error when updating the firmware

Hello! Wanted to note I have upgraded to the firmware, and thus far, my fans seem to be working ok. Did you get the problem figured out?
  3. C

Meet Phat Freddy

Very awesome, good job! I am interested in the auto-leveling mod too. I have a 1.5 XT, dual extruder, and it is a PAIN to get level. I swear my bed is not level... always some spots where things don't stick and others where it seems to be REALLY stuck to the bed. Sanded things down a bit...
  4. C

Auto Bed Leveling / Z Probing for gMax Printers.

This is very cool! I am not sure how it actually levels the bed though... I understand the principle of the switch to detect the position of the bed, but how does the bed actually become level? Does the firmware adjust for the inconsistencies, thus not actually leveling the bed but just...
  5. C

gmax 1.5 for sale

Sorry to hear you are wanting to sell it. I don't live anywhere close... :( Out of curiosity, what kind of calibration problems are you having?
  6. C

Elastomeric ("rubber") Filaments

Hello, Ok.. I am finding threading filament in to be a challenge the way it is right now with standard stuff. I can't imagine trying it with Semiflex. I have some ordered actually, should be here by Friday. Little leery taking the thing apart right now, since I JUST literally got it working...
  7. C

E3D Cyclops/Chimera

Did you guys get these working? I've been thinking about a cyclops for my gMax 1.5 XT, but I don't think I'd have the skills to make the carrier mods that it would require.
  8. C

Elastomeric ("rubber") Filaments

Awesome mod to get Ninjaflex to work! Has anyone tried Semiflex? Will it have the same problem? I have ordered some and plan on giving it a shot, would like to use my gMax instead of my other printer if at all possible.
  9. C

Alternates for Heated Bed

Hello! I have just received my gMax and had been considering heated bed options, and am wondering if there have been any new developments in your research for possible solutions. Thanks!
  10. C

Bed leveling/adhesion tips and tricks

Hello! Excellent post/instructions, however it doesn't address dual extruder setups. Just from experience, it is a challenge to get the bed level with both nozzles, and I have spent a lot of time chasing my tail getting the bed level with both of them. Right now as it sits, for the most part...