Search results

1. P

Sample Print Request

Below is a link to a video printing parts for an electric ducted fan RC airplane. As you can see there are no strings, whiskers or unintended plastic runs. The print is crisp and it does not require post processing. The parts need to be that way since extra weight is not a good thing for the RC...
  2. P

Sample Print Request

The gmax 1.5 is a great printer if you understand how to set it up. The quality that I am getting is superb. The retraction settings and the stringing is a function of how you tune your settings in the slicer. If you are going to use this printer in a professional environment, then invest in...
  3. P

Sticks too good

It has been some time since I have printed directly on glass. When i did, I used an Elmer's stick glue, or Elmer's Craft Bond Spray glue. They are both messy, but they work. Also, I assume that you have a heated bed so keep the temperature around 85C. If you do not have a heated bed, then it...
  4. P

Sticks too good

If you are using Bltouch auto-level increase your height of the nozzle from the bed by lowering the Bltouch sensor. To do this unscrew 1/8 of a turn at a time the sensor screws (on both sides), then reprint. Keep on doing this until you get the tack right . Once you do you will never have to do...
  5. P

Gmax 1.5+ from Gmax 1.0

The borosilicate glass is 17.25" x 16.5"and was purchased from gcreate. You can inquire a price from them via email. Sorry for the vague answer, but since this is not an item listed on their website for a specific price I do not want to put them in a difficult spot. I'm sure that they can work...
  6. P

Gmax 1.5+ from Gmax 1.0

Some pictures...
  7. P

Gmax 1.5+ from Gmax 1.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOHmosbx0Pw Here is the printer in action
  8. P

Extruder grinding down plc

You might want to consider, or check for the following: -Check your filament arm bearing it could be getting old and not as smooth. Could need to be replaced -Check the bolts for tightness on the extruder arm and on the extruder gear -Might want to consider replacing the extruder gear (they are...
  9. P

Why not an all metal hotend?

Interesting. I did not know about PEI. It looks like you can use it as a print bed or use in form of thin layers with adhesive back on your glass print surface. From what I briefly read you need to use heat in order to make parts stick. At this point I do not have a heated bed, so if I...
  10. P

Ok I see your point now. You having worked with all those printers in the past, it is I that I should be asking you how-to questions in then end... But any way, I personally have printed up to 11 inches long PLA parts with no warping issues. As far as PETG the longest parts that I have printed...
  11. P

Hi, I cannot answer why Gordon and Anna made a choice to use the PEEK hot end. The only thing I can think of is that because it is newbie friendlier. It has a short transition zone, which means more detail, and you cannot mess with it as the transition zone is set. 3D printing has a steep...
  12. P

Adding a heated bed need to modify the firmware

Once heated, any warping issues with the PCB board and the glass bed? How is your set up holding?
  13. P

Dimension Acuracy

Problem fixed. The printer was getting old and had loosen up significantly. After tightening it up, replacing some parts, updating firmware, and squaring the all the axis, now it is better than when I first got it. Moving on...
  14. P

gMax 1.0 Upgrades to Better Prints

No problem. I think I might have misspoken. The new designed parts are for the gMax 1.0. The spool holder and the filament guide are meant to hold the filament with bearings just like on the gMax 1.5+. That is why I said if you need the parts for the printer you have now, the gMax 1.0. I am...
  15. P

Let me know if you need the STL files of the new upgrade parts I designed for the gMax 1.0 I'll be glad to share. I can make the files available on http://www.thingiverse.com/ if it helps
  16. P

He is selling the bed. It looks like that he has sold out for now. I got mine on December. He had a few online for sale. I do not know when he is going to have more for sell. https://shop.gcreate.com/products/gmax-3d-printer-aluminum-bed-upgrade-kit I am waiting for about 2 months for him to...