Auto Bed Leveling In Cura

I have just recently switched from Slic3r to Cura for slicing and I am having issues getting the mesh bed leveling to work. first it would go past the edge of the print bed and crash the head on the first z probe. Then I read to change the files in the Cura files to ones from Gcreate. After that it will not perform the auto bed leveling. I know I need to add the G28 and G29 gcode to the startup, but when I add it nothing changes.

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
What firmware version are you working with? We took the "g28 x0 y0" and "g29" out because you no longer need to run bed leveling at the beginning of every print if you are using our latest firmware. There is a level bed script you have to run every now and then. It is saved to the EEPROM for future use.

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, we are currently shipping printers with marlin 1.1.8 which our current cura profiles are set up for. We also have marlin 1.1.9 available for beta testing. These firmwares can be uploaded using cura. There is an article on the main page that shows how to install using cura.

I have updated the latest firmware (Marlin1.1.8), now how do I get my left extruder stepper motor to run backwards? Will i need to update through Arduino, and change the program like when I originally added the dual extruder?

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
Does your LCD screen show two hotends with temp reading on it? It sounds like you uploaded the single extruder version. But the easiest way to change the direction of the motor is to flip the wire on the Arduino. But make sure the printer is OFF while doing this or you run the risk of shorting out your electronics. In the attached photo, E1 is for the left extruder. The motor wire is just to the left of the stepper driver.

Attachments

I will try switching the wire. I do remember having to change something in the firmware when I upgraded to the dual extruder, in order to get the left extruder to feed in the correct direction. I will check into this as well.