Auto Bed Leveling / Z Probing for gMax Printers.

Thanks Shaqfoo
My servo arm broke in two. Hitting the x endstop made the probe switch unallined with the bed and never didnt stop until I dove to the printer and pulled the plug out of the wall. :?
After hours of manually releveling I finally printed a new one to temp autolevel.
After that Ive finally got it going!!!!!!
Ive now re designed the new gmax motor mount so that it incorporates the sg90 servo mount.
Only problem now is overcoming my adheasion woes.
I will post the STL for the gmax dual extruder servo mount for anyone who wants it when I get home.
Auto leveling has saved my marriage :D

shaqFoo said:
Casper,

Please see the attached images.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,

ShaqFoo

Thank you very much for the pictures and info, it is greatley appreciated. I will definatley try this out today. I guess one of my issues was that I attempted to use all 3 pins on the switch and from your explanation I only need two.

shaqFoo said:
Casper,

Please see the attached images.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,

ShaqFoo
I have not had a chance to finish setting up my auto level yet but looking at the images again it seems that in this config I am no longer using the default 'Z' end stop that is mounted on the vertical aluminum extrusion and instead utilizing only the probe mounted to my servo arm. So before I jump into this just wanted to confirm that is the case or am I missing something else.

Thanks.

Casper said:
I have not had a chance to finish setting up my auto level yet but looking at the images again it seems that in this config I am no longer using the default 'Z' end stop that is mounted on the vertical aluminum extrusion and instead utilizing only the probe mounted to my servo arm. So before I jump into this just wanted to confirm that is the case or am I missing something else.

Thanks.

That is correct, you will no longer use the z end stop that is mounted on the vertical extrusion. The probe on the servo arm will become the new Z min end stop.

ShaqFoo

Casper said:
Thanks again Shaqfoo for your help. I finally got around to setting this up and actually was able to get it working.
Glad to hear it! :D

After 100s of hours of printing using auto leveling, I have not had a single leveling related probem. Not one. It is rock solid in terms of performance and stability and I have no idea the countless hours I've gained back from not having to level the bed but its a lot. Not to mention no more wasted filament due to poor first layer adhesion or an unlevel bed.

Welcome to the party!

ShaqFoo