Can not get flexible filament to go through extruder?

Webb

Hello,
I purchased some Pro flex filament from mad hatters website and can not get it to extrude? Every time it just gets all tangled up around the gears! I tried putting a bigger nozzle (.8 & then 1.0) to see if that would help but no luck. It just gets wrapped around the gears every time ? Any help would be appreciated ?

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
When printing flexible filament, you will need to slow your print speeds way down. Try starting at 30mm/sec print speed. We have had to use as low as 20mm/sec with some flexible filament in our farm.

Webb

Thank u for the reply. Another issue I am having..I bought the heated bed under with my GMax 2. When I am setting my bed temperature to the recommend temperature which is 100-110...my printer will only print the first layer or so and then I get a thermal runaway error and have to start over...the only way I can get this not to happen is drop the temp down to 85 or so which is way under what is recommend. Also at this temp I Can not print a 6” piece with out our cracks in it when printing with ABS....not sure what the problem is? Is the controller not powerful enough to go to the temp I need...thanks again for the help

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
We really only recommend going 100c at the highest for the bed. I believe you can print at lower bed temps with the flexible filament. We actually print our flexible print sample on the unheated acrylic sheet.

For ABS, do you have the printer in any type of enclosure? Climate control is really important with ABS. ABS likes to curl and crack when not in an enclosure. I have also seen people print ABS without using the parts cooling fan, or having it on very low during the printing process.

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
We are currently working on the dual extruder upgrade. Just waiting on some inventory items to come in before we start releasing it. You will be able to replace the entire tool head with the dual extruder version. You will have to run a motor wire for the second extruder and install a stepper driver though. But all the necessary parts will be provided.