Can't find Slic3r command

Hello,

I've gotten around again to trying to do multi-material prints and I thought I would download the latest version of Slic3r, 1.2.9. I went to do File > Combine multi-material STL files... per the manual and the command just isn't there -- it's not even grayed out, it just isn't there. I'm in dual extruder mode, etc. and I downloaded and installed the latest gCreate Slic3r configuration bundle.

Is there something I need to enable to get the command? Did the functionality move elsewhere and they didn't update the manual? Should I go back to the old 1.1.7 version that had the command?

I wish Slic3r had its own forum becuse this is clearly a question for that community, but I can't find one.

Regards,

Bill

In the newest version of slic3r the way of doing dual extrusion has changed.

Import the model for your default extruder.
You need to go into the objests "Settings".
From the pop up window select "load part" and load the model used for the second extruder. You need to change the extruder from default to 2.

There is a lot that can be done inside the objects settings window. I suggest experimenting with it a bit.

Kyle,

Your suggestion worked -- my printer alternated filaments as I wanted it to.

Unfortunately, the PVA slipped out from the feed rollers and I had to stop the print, but that is another issue.

Regards,

Bill