Dust cover for gMax 1.5+

Hi all.

When I got my gMax I decided to make a dust cover for the machine to keep it clean when not in use.

Originally I sent size specifications to an online maker of machine covers, etc. When I received their price for making the cover I was floored by the cost - $200 for this very simple cover. Since I have a fine sewing machine here at home I decided to make my own cover and it worked out just great. The cost? About $25.00!

I thought I would pass on the specs for you all if you want to make your own covers. First, here's what my cover looks like:

Here are the dimensions of the cover I worked up:

And here is the material I used:

http://www.northtwenty.com/gmax-cover-i ... terial.jpg

You'll need to cut out two identical sides and then add up all the dimensions for the main part of the cover which ends up being about 82" in length. I actually made it longer so that once I sewed all the pieces together I could then cut the excess length to make it even on the bottom. Also, I sewed the edges and then reversed the entire finished cover so the the sewn edges ended up inside of the cover. Makes it look a lot cleaner.

Good luck and if you have any additional questions about making your own cover just let me know.

Mike

Oops, one thing I forgot to tell you is that I used upholstery thread for sewing the pieces together. Upholstery thread is much stronger than "normal" thread and will be quite durable.

Mike