Fantasy Cosplay Dagger

Wow, its been a long time since I have posted anything (real life job keeping me from my hobbies, cant be helped), but I thought I'd try and get back into the swing of things.

Anyway, I've been a long time cosplayer, though I've never really made costumes for myself, just props for other people. This is the first time I've done so using a 3d printer, so naturally I time lapsed it and uploaded to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmJvY5kIjFo

This is the Mage Masher, a dagger wielded by Zidane. He is the main character of Final Fantasy IX, and my brother cosplayed him at a convention recently.

Enjoy!

btw, I upgraded the printers build platform to a sheet of tempered glass with acid etching on one side for better adherence. Combined with a quick thin layer of glue stick, havent had anything pop off yet, unless I wanted it to. Didnt drill into the glass, instead designed a "frame" for it. Works out well enough, with the acceleration turned way down you can barely notice any imperfections from any wobbling.

Yes! I tried glue stick on COLD glass yesterday and got very good results. It actually dries in a gel-like consistency and helps if your bed leveling isn't perfect as well, because the nozzle will displace any of the glue it needs to do its job. Just wash with cold water when done.

Cool dagger, I was working with 'hollow point knives' at one point...