Not an elegant solution and can use some fine tuning, but if anyone runs into this issue my fix is below:
- Open - ultralcd_st7920_u8glib_rrd.h inside of IDE or VSC
- Edit the following lines for F_CPU == 16000000
- #define CPU_ST7920_DELAY_1 DELAY_NS(250)
- #define CPU_ST7920_DELAY_2 DELAY_NS(250)
- #define CPU_ST7920_DELAY_3 DELAY_NS(250)
Again, the 250 can probably be lowered by a lot, but as a quick fix this worked and got rid of the gibberish on the lcd screen.
Tested on 1.9.1 gmax marlin flavor with 1.5xt+ full graphic display