First Impressions and Questions

Just recieved my 1.5 XT and to start off this thing is awesome, I am really looking forward to working with it, time has been limited since receiving it however I have gotten it together...still need to work out some calibration bugs but overall super happy.

In the assembly process the only thing that really bothered me was the lack of washers mainly on the stepper attachments with the 4-40 bolts. I added some in where I could however in some locations the fastener hole is too close to a wall to allow for installation of a washer. By no means a show stopper but a small area where improvements can be made.

Aside from that I had one other issue which I sort of caused and that is my bed was moving the wrong direction. I say that I caused this because this was only after I reinstalled the firmware because at first it worked great until I installed the dual extruder firmware from the downloads page. For some reason I had it in my head that my unit had the single extruder firmware installed so following Gordon's YouTube video I updated it for the dual which was no big deal as I am familiar with Arduino. After installing the firmware my bed would move the wrong direction(away from the endstop) run out of travel and the motor would bind for a second prior to stopping. After looking under at the configuration.h firmware file I determined a way to correct this at least for the moment but still am unsure if what I did was the correct approach. It also appears the firmware is intended for the 1.5 and not the 1.5XT apparent from the max Z height of 250 in the config. So does anyone have the default firmware from gCreate with all the appropriate settings for the XT. I assume that Gordon may be the only one who has this and request that it be added to the download section.

In any case I have been able to get some prints out of this thing and looking forward to many many more.

BATARANG...because why not :D
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26130

Not sure how to add pic so here is dropbox link with it.
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/obn8l21b9rc9 ... F35kN7JuLa

I sent you PM asking the same. Just wondering when did you ordered your 1.5XT? I ordered mine not longer after they announced it and yet nothing. No updates or replies? You must have ordered in the first week of their announcement in Mid Oct.?

Thanks