G-max 2 filament run out sensor wired wrong

ECL

Just an FYI, I was having issues with the wires going to the limit switch getting very hot, and my x-axis motor was getting stray voltage causing it to stutter every few seconds. After a little troubleshooting it was discovered that my filament run out sensor was wired up backwards. Once I swapped the wires I was able to get the test print to go through. The first picture (in my hand) is how I received it, the second image is after swapping the leads. Hopefully this hasn't affected anyone else, but if it has, hopefully this helps.

Attachments

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
Rewiring is definitely the way to go. We received a batch of wires that were wired incorrectly and thought we fixed all of them. When did you purchase the filament sensor?

ECL

The gmax 2 was pre-ordered quite a while ago and was received over the weekend. I'm also wondering what is going on with the heated beds included in the presale? Ours was not included and I haven't seen anything about when they could be expected.

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
We are trying to finalize a couple of things for the heated beds before we ship them out. But wanted to start shipping out the printers. We will send out the heated beds as soon as they are ready at no additional charge.

The gmax 2 was pre-ordered quite a while ago and was received over the weekend. I'm also wondering what is going on with the heated beds included in the presale? Ours was not included and I haven't seen anything about when they could be expected.
Where is the best place to order gmax 2?