gMax 1.5 Model Files

AlexD

Hi there,

I am just about to start modelling some parts of the gMax 1.5 so that i can make some adjustments to use different hardware, however i though i would ask here first to save me some time.

Is there anywhere i can download the printer parts in anything other than STL files? I'm using Solidworks so preferably any file format Solidworks can work with.

Thanks

Alex

We only have STL versions of them. I am sure there is information somewhere for converting into a solid file to use with Solidworks. But I am a Blender user, my experience with Solidworks is limited. I attached the parts files since our website downloads section is down for the moment.

AlexD

Hi Kyle thanks for that i was in need! I spent about 4 or 5 evenings trying to convert STL's into workable Solid's, however it seems no one has really cracked it yet for various reasons! It didnt actually take long for me to model the parts i needed.

Just a mention to others who might be printing the STL printer parts, some seem to have been saved in inches and others in millimeters, worth checking before you chuck them into Slic3r and hit print :D

Thanks again Kyle

Alex

hey, not sure if this will work...or if you already knew about this method. You would still have to convert things, but it's fairly quick.

Use netfabb studio basic, free, and import the .stl then export them as wavefront .obj and import them into solidworks... not sure if solidworks can import .obj, but most programs can.

Hope that helps.

AlexD

Hi santiclause, thanks for the advice i had already tried all of the various file formats from netfabb, unfortunately to my knowledge Solidworks can 't work with mesh's in the same way you build models in it. Rather frustrating really!

Kyle do you know why the Y Axis Endstop bracket in the STL's is different from the version on my 1.5? It seems to be mirrored?

Thanks

Alex

Gordon mirrored the design to help secure the button in place with the PCB. The pictures shows how it used to be mounted. Mounted this way the solder points on the button would become loose or even break overtime.

I just mirrored the outdated file using Blender. The attached file is not the official file. I will see about getting the updated file today. But should work if you need a part ASAP.

A while ago I made an alternative part.(y-axis button bracket3.0) You can try it out if you would like. It mounts next to the y-axis motor. The y-axis belt clamp engages the button. It's not a good design. It likes to move overtime and vibrate loose. It has the advantage of being adjustable if completely maximizing the bed size is something that interests you.

AlexD

Thanks for the file Kyle i will have a look at both! I just wondered if maybe the one on my current printer was the outdated version so thanks for clearing that up!

Alex