gMax 1.5 to gMax 2

I would love to know if there is a way I can upgrade my gMax 1.5 to gMax 2 Components?
I'm willing to pay for upgrades since I have no desire in having a larger printer.

Thanks!

I see. It would be AWESOME if you guys can produce some sort of guide "things to know" on how to upgrade if you guys have no plan to offer upgrade kits, As suppose to leaving all of us gCreate'rs in the Dust. I'm typically one of those early adopters aiming for the latest and greatest but now I feel stuck with a bad ass Legacy 1.5XT :) @gCreate @gCreate_Anna Hope your offer also the New Extruder, and 3D printable parts and other upgraded components.

Last edited:
We are asking what brand of rails and bearings they are using on gMax 2. For the price tag, it shouldn't be a Chinese knock-off part. Open Builds doesn't sell linear rails and bearings.

We are asking what brand of rails and bearings they are using on gMax 2. For the price tag, it shouldn't be a Chinese knock-off part. Open Builds doesn't sell linear rails and bearings.
What difference does it make which they used??
They're not gonna upgrade your model for you, pick the ones you want to use.
I would suggest Hiwin.
I'm adding linear rails to mine now, if anyone is interested I may be able to put together an upgrade package when I'm done.
http://forum.gcreate.com/index.php?threads/linear-rail-upgrade.3598/

What difference does it make which they used??
They're not gonna upgrade your model for you, pick the ones you want to use.
I would suggest Hiwin.
I'm adding linear rails to mine now, if anyone is interested I may be able to put together an upgrade package when I'm done.
http://forum.gcreate.com/index.php?threads/linear-rail-upgrade.3598/
I would recommend Hiwin as well.

It is a pretty simple question about the gMax 2. The answer isn't available in the product specs and they haven't bothered to answer here. If they are going into the higher end of the market with a $4k gMax 2, they should be very clear about the components used.

If I upgrade my existing machines with rails, I might want to match what the gMax 2 is running so my spare parts will work across machines. If I choose to buy a gMax 2 in the future.