Gmax 1.5XT+ Extuder Fan and LED Light Not Working

Good Afternoon All,

I just recently got my gmax 1.5 Xt+ and wen t with the E3D extruder when I purchased. Long story short it seemed to be working fairly decently until one day it turned out that the extruder was clogged to the point I need to take apart my whole 3D extruder to remove the clog. When this happened I discovered that my fan tp cool my extruder off the wires where all ripped apart because they somehow managed to get stuck in the fan. I've repaired the wires with electric tape. Now unfortunately my LED lights are not working on my extruder and the fan isn't working. I've being doing a lot of e-mailing back and forth with gcreate and haven't gotten anywhere thus far. I will be sending them off the new items they are asking for which are pictures.

My question for the community does anyone know if there is a single fuse that control these two items that could just need to be replaced or am I going down a bad road that could end up being my system board was fried somehow when my wires on my fan got stuck in my fan and torn apart? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. It's very depressing not being able to print on a brand new printer that maybe be a week and a half old or so.

Thanks,

Brian

Double check the ethernet plugs. Mine got fried and i have to order replacement parts. It could be the RJ-45 Board that got fried when your Fan for the hotend possibly shorted.

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
I have had to repair this problem on a couple printers now. The problem was in the RJ-45 connector. If you pull it off and look at the leads on the back, I found burn marks right on the lines that powered the LED and active cooling fan.

Well if the wires were tied out of the way don't you think it would of saved people a lot of pain? Also my printer came with a very loose E3D extruder from the X axis which I've already resolved.

I've installed the parts Gcreate sent me(RJ-45 breakouts and replacement E3D fan) and the fan and LED are working now but the E3D extruder will not heat up above 115 to 130 degrees However if I reduce the air flow to the fan we installed the temperature goes right up. So I am very baffled what the issue could be at this point any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I even tried putting the fan on the wrong direction to see if that would help but it doesn't seem to affect it either direction. Also I let the printer cool down to room temp and compared it to my house temperature and the two match. This is driving me nuts I just want to be able to print but I am on my third week of issues just because someone didn't tie the wires out of the way when my printer was assembled. Thanks

I have had to repair this problem on a couple printers now. The problem was in the RJ-45 connector. If you pull it off and look at the leads on the back, I found burn marks right on the lines that powered the LED and active cooling fan.
Hello, was wondering if you ever got this sorted out. It looks like the same thing that's happening to my gmax.
I know the led works because I hooked it up to a 12v power supply. None of my extruder fans work except for the main one. I looked at the rj-45 and didn't see any signs of burning...but it looks to be the same problem as above. Any advice?

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
Double check the splitter wire that connects both fans is still plugged into the rj-45. You may have to remove the tape and make sure the wires are still connected on the double end of the splitter cable

I've installed the parts Gcreate sent me(RJ-45 breakouts and replacement E3D fan) and the fan and LED are working now but the E3D extruder will not heat up above 115 to 130 degrees However if I reduce the air flow to the fan we installed the temperature goes right up. So I am very baffled what the issue could be at this point any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I even tried putting the fan on the wrong direction to see if that would help but it doesn't seem to affect it either direction. Also I let the printer cool down to room temp and compared it to my house temperature and the two match. This is driving me nuts I just want to be able to print but I am on my third week of issues just because someone didn't tie the wires out of the way when my printer was assembled. Thanks
Thanks!
This information helped me:)