Gmax 1.5xt+ Major Z-banding issues

Hello! This is my first post on this website, so I apologize if this is the incorrect place to post it. I am having a massive problem with my Gmax in which every single print has these very noticeable bands all throughout the z axis. I've looked at other forums and they had mentioned the spool holder might be the culprit, but since I last check my spool holder moves freely. Attached below are some pictures of my last print and the simplify file. My slicer is Simplify3D and I am using the default settings. What can I do to fix this? It only started happening once I came back home one day to a catastrophically failed print... could it be an issue with the machine?

Attachments

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
First, make sure the fan inside the electronics case is still working. A couple of other things you can do is to make sure the x-axis arm is level to the bed and align the lead screws. Here are the instructions. Make sure the eccentric spacers on the bed and extruder are tight. Here are the instructions. If those steps don't help, you can try adjusting the stepper driver. Here are the instructions. Make sure the printer is OFF while doing this or you run the risk of damaging your electronics.

Hey Joshua, I've gone ahead and made all of those adjustments. The x-axis arm was off so I was able to fix that. I tightened all the eccentric spacers. With the stepper drivers I followed the Pololu guide, I wasn't sure what the vref voltage i optimal but i set it for a current of 1.2A for each motor. When I printed in vase mode the layers are perfectly smooth as seen in the 1st picture below, but for any infilled parts there are an abnormal amount of visible layer lines. Any idea what the Vref voltage should be? Or any ideas moving forward? I put some other pics of the latest prints I've done... (I'm also using the latest configuration settings you sent)

Attachments