Homing failed Printer halted please reset

Webb

Been trying to do the initial run on my printer for the last three hours wait no four hours and I get homing failed printer halted please reset over and over and over again......

Attachments

So you have to figure out why it's not homing.
Does the X axis make it to the homing switch? If not, what's stopping it.
Does the Y axis make it to the homing switch? If not, what's stopping it.

If you can post a video of the homing sequence, there may be something obvious in it.
Look for loose screws that are impeding travel.

Webb

Fixed the homing issue and did my first print that was on the SD card. Thank u for the reply. Everything seems to be okay now I think one of the wires was not in all the way!!

Move the x axis all the way to the right.
Then home it.
When it starts moving, press the homing switch with your finger.
Does it stop?
If it doesn't, check wiring.
If it does, the wiring is good. Make sure the switch is being contacted by the carriage.

SO I am Noticing that there is no metal trigger on my X axis. When I push the little red button it does stop. Any Idea where I would come up with the little metal trigger piece?

Fixed the homing issue and did my first print that was on the SD card. Thank u for the reply. Everything seems to be okay now I think one of the wires was not in all the way!!
Hello, How did you fixed it? How did you reset it?
Sorry for necro, I have an Ender 5Pro with a failed firmware update and I am interested how can you sove this (beside buying another board or hooking the board to a PC through a programmer adapter.