I need to disable mintemp

Hello there. I have a gMax 1.5 XL. I am modifying it to have a silicone extruder from structur3d.io. The problem I am having is that with Extruder 2 (heater and thermistor) unplugged, I get a MIN TEMP error which locks down the printer.

I have tried setting the mintemp to 0 on the LCD controller but that doesn't help. Any suggestions?

Is there a way I can configure the firmware to do this? I have coding experience and I am comfortable using the arduino IDE. I can't find a link to any firmware on the gCreate website.

Thanks a bunch

Kevin

I have a "quick and dirty" solution that may work for you. When I swapped out my primary hot-end for an E3D I had a similar issue because I didn't want the 2nd non-E3D hot-end to heat up with the primary, but if I unplugged it would get the min-temp error. So I just removed the 2nd hot-end, plugged in only the Thermistor connector, and set it on top of the extruder motors. That way it was out of the way, it wouldn't heat up when pre-heating the hot-end(s), and it wouldn't hang up on the min-temp error.

It's kind of an ugly "jerry-rigged" setup but I could print. If you have space to lay or zip-tie the 2nd hot-end to the X-Axis carriage then that may work for you for now.

If I find out how to disable the min-temp error within the firmware I'll post up here with a reply.