MINTEMP error

I keep getting the Mintemp error. I searched and found a post from someone, and tried switching the Thermistor and Extruder Fan connectors, nothing. I also checked the wiring in the electronics box and nothing. The error goes away at times, and the Gmax is ready, or card removed message comes up.

GORDON.LAPLANTE

Administrator
Staff member
Check the connector to the thermistor (the part taped on with the orange tape) on the hotend. The connection may have become broken in transit.

I found a solution, the electronics box came wired with the motor plugs facing the wrong direction. The instructions say the red wires should be facing forward, but I assumed they would be plugged in correctly by default, so I left them that way. When I reversed them, the Mintemp error stopped happening and the motors started working fine. The problem I have now, is the up and down motion keeps going up and attempts to squash the extruder against the top frame bar when I run the auto home option. What would I be doing incorrectly?

If the z-axis (up and down) is moving your extruder assembly up instead of down then you should simply reverse the two cables leading to both of the z-axis motors.

I ran into this issue with my extruder motor. My wire colors are different than the pictures in the manual, but they both had a red wire on the end. Instead of feeding the filament into the nozzle, it slowly pulled it out. It turns out that my red wire was actually meant to be on the opposite side. Probably the same with your z-axis motors.

GORDON.LAPLANTE

Administrator
Staff member
We tried to keep this all in order but we should have been a bit more clear in the manual. Our new motors have the wires switched so the red wire is at the opposite end. Glad you got it working.