Need Help with ABS Filament ..

Webb

Got a g max 2, heated bed, and built an enclosure. Got some ABS filament from madhatter and can not get a good print. I have played around with temp of extruder...still no good.. I have attached a small print does any one have an idea of something else I can try? Any help is much appreciated...thanks also and yes...I have the cooling fans off...tried low and then also off...

Attachments

The overall print, is it bad or is it on just one side that you notice an issue? how large is the print, and what is your layer height? are you having a shift issue where the layers looked like they moved or are you having an issue where the extruder seems to have a short term "jam" then starts printing well again?

Webb

Thank I for the reply..I looked into it over the weekend a bunch and I do believe it was actually the model I got from thingiverse...I have not had time to try and print something else yet. Layer height was .2 with a .8 nozzle. The print was small and it had small holes through out the print but really bad on the top of the model...thanks again for your time

Thank I for the reply..I looked into it over the weekend a bunch and I do believe it was actually the model I got from thingiverse...I have not had time to try and print something else yet. Layer height was .2 with a .8 nozzle. The print was small and it had small holes through out the print but really bad on the top of the model...thanks again for your time
take a look at your slicer and look at each layer individually to see if you notice any holes within the print. .8 nozzle does seam a bit large for what looks like a really small print, but i could be wrong.