New BL touch just blinking (SOLVED)

After a rather catastrophic failure, I ordered a replacement BL Touch sensor and installed it. Problem is, I can't get the thing to stop blinking at me.

Don't know if this is somehow related, but when I try to home, it will do the x an y axes correctly, but try to move UP to home z. This seems weird.

Anybody know if there's a way to reset this? Nothing I've been tried has worked so far. All I did was pull the head off and replace the sensor. Everything is back the way it was as far as I can tell.

Thanks.

Re: New BL touch just blinking.

The Bl touch will blink its red LED when it did not successfully complete the self test. The BL touch will run its self test when the printer is first powered up. The self test will push the plunger up and down 2 or 3 times.

The self test could be failing because of a faulty connection or the BL touch its self needs to be replaced.

Roxy

The self test could be failing because of a faulty connection or the BL touch its self needs to be replaced.
\

The BL-Touch probes can get dirty and fail also. Try manually pulling the pin (with power off) to see if the pin moves easily and freely. Some times, filament pieces can get wedged between the pin and the plastic housing.

Actually, just caught that the white/black cables were reversed. Just flipped the header around and it seems to be working fine.

Thanks for the help!

Just realised that my new BLTouch 3.1 was delivered with spectacularly bad wiring. The wires in the plug in cable were in exactly reversed order!:eek:

The initial plug in almost shorted my Duet2 motherboard! :mad:

After finding out that the black/White pair should be on the right hand end of the connector, I re-wired the plug and re-connected. Now it only blinks rapidly red (hardware fault as I understand it). Peg moves freely but I suspect the innards are now fried. Most of the cross wiring was probably fairly harmless, but juicing the Z-Probe digital out with +5V was likely a terminal event. :(

I had the same error (blinking, being mainly red with brief periods of being non-lit). In my case the cable connected to the BLTouch had slowly worked itself loose. Just tight enough to still get power, but loose enough to not work correctly. Just pushing it back in fixed the problem.