Original gMax 1.5 XT BlTouch Bracket

#1
Hello Everyone,

I have the original 1.5 XT and have purchased a bltouch. The problem is that I can't find any brackets to work with it. I have some basic Fusion 360 skills and I may try to design my own. Do you all know of any engineering drawings of the printer head of the 1.5 XT? This will assist in the design process. Even better would be if someone has the mount already created. Thanks for the help.
 
#2
So after a long holiday weekend I have managed to get the BLTouch working with my gMax 1.5 XT. I ended up designing my own bracket and upgrading my firmware to the Marlin 1.1.x branch. Links to my design and the firmware changes are below.

One of the issues that I have been running into with my version of the Marlin firmware is that my prints are facing the back of the bed instead of the front. I'm not sure why, but I think it has something to do with the axis inversion settings that I am using. I copied as much as I could from the firmware provided by gCreate for the 1.5 XT. There may be some more bugs floating around in my changes that I haven't found yet.

It was a fun adventure and I learned a lot. Hopefully my findings can help someone else.

Bracket: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3237058
Firmware: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/compare/1.1.x...smp4488:smplman/gmax_1.5_xt
 
Last edited:
#3