Print head hitting side rails

Hello, I had a failed print that through off my printer calibrations. Now the print head keeps hitting on the left side of printer. What can I do to fix this, is there some sort of sensor that is not working to tell it it is at the end?

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
There is an endstop on the left side of the x-axis arm. Is the extruder hitting the endstop? Make sure it is still plugged in, and with the printer on, if you push in the endstop tab, an LED light should turn on on the endstop.

The end stopwas not engaging, I fixed that now. But I had a print fail again and jam the printer, what is the best way to unclog it? The hot end is loose along with the fan, is that normal, I didn’t think they were loose before.

gCreate_Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
The heater block is not supposed to be loose. I have found the best way to clear a clog is to heat up to abs temperatures and disconnect the active cooling fan on the side of the E3D. This lets the heat creep up the heatsink and softens the filament stuck in there. You can then try and thread a small piece of wire through the nozzle to try and clear the clog. You can also remove the nozzle and try to push filament through from the top. Here are the E3D assembly instructions. Step 26 talks about hot tightening. This will help prevent the heater block from coming loose.