Print stuck to acrylic bed.

I printed the Testprint Rocket and its permanently stuck to the bed. I'm using a heatgun but afraid to mess-up the Acrylic bed. Right now Im more interested in preventing this from happening again. Its coming off in pieces and seems like crazy glued to the bed. Thoughts?

Attachments

I know this is an old thread but thought I would add my two cents, one of the things I do is I apply blue painters tape (the 3m stuff that has a tad bit of roughness to the outside) and apply a generous amount of hairspray to the build platform. which makes the parts stick real well especially on very large builds. once its done printing. I remove the plate and stick in under the faucet with warm running water for about 10-15 minutes which dissolves the hair spray and weakens the wax surface on the tape. then the part can be easily removed.

It's a thread less than a half a year old and only one other answer, so I am going to respond as well. I had the same issue, especially with thinner parts.

The scraper tool supplied with the printer is slightly too thick to get under a part. I found that something like this:
<http://www.xacto.com/products/cutting-solutions/blades/detail/X218>

Called a #18 Heavyweight Wood Chiseling tool works really well to get under a corner. Once you start to get an edge up you can use any other flat tool you want.

I actually modified the scraper that gCreate sent and grinded the leading edge down to essentially create a giant version of the X-acto. But there are times I still use the X-acto blade because it is a thinner gauge metal which helps to keep the tool flat/level with the bed surface plane, and the edge is cut way sharper than my rough grind on the scraper.

It is important to use the width of the blade. Try to avoid using the corners, otherwise you can gouge the acrylic.