Printer not printing at set temperature in Simplify3D

I have 1.5XT, I set the temp to print 208C, however, it kept printing at 190C. Is there an override I need to turn of in the firmware? If yes what's the code or script? Thanks.

Another issue you can have with S3D is that, even if you delete the temperature controller in the process, S3D will add one back auto-magically.

If you are setting the temp in S3D and it will not hold, try turning the fan down as Kyle suggested. If you are setting your temp manually and it is running at some other temp, try adding ; [extruder0_temperature] to the beginning of your starting gcode in the S3D process you are using. That will make S3D ignore the temperature controller when it generates the gcode for your print.

AlexD

However one would assume that if the difference was that great between Set Temp and Actual Temp then the printer would stop under Thermal Runaway Protection. Sounds like a configuration error somewhere, check that there isn't more than one set of Print Process Data etc.

ckkhoo said:
I have 1.5XT, I set the temp to print 208C, however, it kept printing at 190C. Is there an override I need to turn of in the firmware? If yes what's the code or script? Thanks.
Maybe the printer is too hot so it won't print. Adjust again the temperature using a lower degree and try it again. You have to be careful in setting the temperature up or it might ruin your prints.

I would second Kyle's suggestion of turning down the fan speed in your Simplify3D FFF profile. I was running into the same issue with ALL kind of frustrations until I read about the problem in another thread here and tried it. I've had to set my fan speed all the way down to like 2 - 5 out of 100. Even then I've had to manually set the fan speed lower during a print if I see the temperature start to drop.

Also, there is a bug related to Fan Speed in the latest Simplify3D where it is not always consistent based on your profile settings. I've had one profile set the fan properly at around 10, then on the next profile I set it to 10 also but all the sudden it was over-cooling the hot-ends. I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it yet, so for now I just stick to 2 - 5 for fan speeds and adjust manually from there if need be.

I'm going to email Simplify3D about this issue soon.

I'm having the same problem. The "enter" or "M" key on my Replicator 2 stopped working so I can't execute anything at all from the lcd. So I connected to the USB port so I could load the .x3g from the sdcard and just print. I plan to disconnect from the machine once it starts the job and pull the USB out of the bot because I was advised to do so. I can't set the temp, the software doesn't set it. I can not navigate through my firmware on my bot because I can't hit the "enter" key to proceed through the menues. Is there something I can do? I don't have a way to change the firmware settings unless it can be done in software over the USB connection. If it's at all possible, I'd like to extract the gcode from the .x3g, change the line for the temp, then put it back together so I don't have to manually change anything.
3d printed objects gallery

AlexD

CalebC said:
I would second Kyle's suggestion of turning down the fan speed in your Simplify3D FFF profile. I was running into the same issue with ALL kind of frustrations until I read about the problem in another thread here and tried it. I've had to set my fan speed all the way down to like 2 - 5 out of 100. Even then I've had to manually set the fan speed lower during a print if I see the temperature start to drop.

Also, there is a bug related to Fan Speed in the latest Simplify3D where it is not always consistent based on your profile settings. I've had one profile set the fan properly at around 10, then on the next profile I set it to 10 also but all the sudden it was over-cooling the hot-ends. I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it yet, so for now I just stick to 2 - 5 for fan speeds and adjust manually from there if need be.

I'm going to email Simplify3D about this issue soon.
Have you checked the settings relating to cooling based on Layer Time?? There are settings that relate to how much the cooling fan is doing if a layer is going to print in under the specified time, this greatly improves quality on smaller parts or small islands on big parts. You should print PLA usually with the fan at 100%, if it is cooling the Hotend too much then that is a physical fan shroud problem, it is positioned incorrectly and should be corrected, and not smudged over by lowering the fan speed in S3D.

Thanks

Alex