Prototype headlight

Jman

We used the Gmax to print prototype headlight housings for our new 818 Coupe model which we just released this past Saturday at our open house.

I had to print each bucket in two pieces since the file was too large for Pronterface. We epoxied them together, sanded them and then painted them. They looked good in the car.

Jman

3 days to draw in Solidworks to get all the details the way we wanted them. We changed a few things after a couple days so I had to redo some stuff.

rosso

That's awesome to see you guys on here and using a gMax. Loooooooove the 818! I'm a Subaru guy myself (2012 wrx) so I'm kinda biased hahaha.

This technology can significantly save time and money for the restoration and customization of vehicles. This is the reason why large auto manufacturing corporations have started to incorporate 3D printing into their production lines. The vehicle head and tail lights manufactured in this process took a shorter time and were an exact fit onto the Ford Trucks. Getting custom made die for a single part can prove very costly, which can be lowered by the cheaper and faster produced parts using FDM technology.

3d printing service surat

Wow. This is amazing. Can you actually print something like this on a 3D printer? And here's my other question, can you use this prototype headlight on your car, is it going to work like the real one?

Jman

We used the lights for our prototype and they were in one of our race cars until the front was hit. For production we are using thermoformed plastic.