On my gMax 2.0 I was having issues with the X axis shifting. Typically it would not happen until a few hours into the print. I started by cleaning all the ways and replacing the bearings in the carriage but it just kept getting worse. I looked all around and could not locate anything that the head might catch on either. After further inspection I noticed the chips on the driver boards were VERY hot. I tried installing heat sinks and I put an 80 mm fan on the top of the control box but by that point it was so bad the stepper motor was letting go every 5 seconds or so. I ended up putting a new driver board in for the x axis and my problems disappeared!
4.2 MB Views: 4