SD card access and very thin filament extrusion

So, I have two problems:

- Using 4GB SDHC card for printing, and after 4-5 successful prints suddenly card cannot be read (shows empty) or it shows files that do not exist on it. I found some things about this, it looks as if it is related to Marlin firmware fat32 support. Not sure really. Any thoughts? Have you had similar problems? How do you transfer gcode to gMax printer?

- Printing speed and filament thickness. Part printed fine first 3 times and then printing head started moving reeeally sloow compared to previous times AND filament was extruded like 25% less thicker than it was on previous runs. Print ended up taking same time as previous ones (8 min).

Only thing I have changed is that I added this start G-code:

Code:
M204 S1000 ; Accel = 1000mm/s^2
M201 X500 Y500 ; AmaxX = 500, AmaxY = 500
Any ideas what is going on?
Thanks!

Attachments

Argh!!!

This is all doe to complatly wrong printer profile!

Slic3r does not load settings automagically every time you start it. Got it. I load settings all the time.
However, while I was thinkering and calibrating things it turned out that somewhere I probably pressed wrong button and all settings got reset all screwed up or whatever and I continued working with profile that not even nearly matches gMax.

Loaded default gMax ini file from web site, tweaked it.
Fixed.

SD cared reading problem is stil there. Now it shows files that do not exist on SD card together with the ones that do. Anyway.

FYI, here is a good piece of calibration tutorial:

http://www.tantillus.org/Tutorials.html

It is for completly different printer so it contains some specifics that do not apply to gMax, but you can use general calibration procedure described there. Like download 20x20x10 cube and follow steps to calibrate z-axis, infill and flow, or download pyramid to calibrate z axis speed and movement.

Alright! I keep answering my own questions. Every FOS-er dream! :)

Slic3r does load setting automagically, however!

Print, printer and filament tabs each have it's separate settings file!

So you have to click little save icon on each of the tabs (three times!) to save all that you changed.

I have only saved one tab (whichever) and rest have loaded from default and print got screwed up.

Now it works.