Weird layering

So this looks like the Y potentiometer on your stepper driver is turned too high. The potentiometer is allowing too much current to the stepper driver and with that the driver is over heating. To prevent damage the driver stops itself allowing a little bit of time to cool. When it is cool it starts back up but it has lost it's position and we end up with this. The solution is to slowly adjust the potentiometer for the Y stepper driver down slowly until the problem goes away. This problem can exist in any of the axis but is most pronounced in the X and Y but the fix is easy and not harm done.

Id suggest gradual turns of the potentiometer 1/16 or 1/8 turns until you find the sweet spot because you don't want the current to be too low.

Hey, sorry about the late response, I was troubleshooting back and forth. I tightened up the Y belt, and on the contrary, the power for the Y motor was not enough, and the less that I made it, the more error it printed. When I turned it up slowly, it started calibrating and printing in place. I also fine tuned the Z axis calibration screw because it was too close, and it was laying down the filament too thick, thus smudging out the detail seen in the wire clips (I used the clips for my first files because they are intricate, so I figured if I can get them printed, I can get anything printed.) Here is a pic of my first successful print, with the stock clips as reference. Happy happy happy.

Believein1 said:
Well, file is too big to upload, but the prints are perfect. Thanks guys for the help.
I'm glad that it's working that is the same problem i got when they were too high, this merits some sleuthing why it occurs in both directions.

GORDON.LAPLANTE

Administrator
Staff member
For future reference, you can actually adjust the potentiometers as the printer is running to see direct results. You should use the ceramic screwdriver included with your kit to make sure you don't short out the electronics.