Wrinkling in first layer

I just got my printer in August and on the 4 or 5 day one of my prints curled up and hit the nozzle creating a blob, I removed the blob and replaced the nozzle and ever since my prints have been wrinkling and to try fix it, I have replaced the bed,switched glass and I have switched to print with painters tape with elemers glue on top and nothing has changed. How do I fix it, I quite frustrated at this point. Here are what the prints are looking like.

Not necessarily, because the glass is not perfectly flat..
If you have just the glass bed that shipped with the printer than (no offense to gcreate) there is a high change its not very flat (flatter than most, but not flat)... I had variations in my stock glass from 1 inch to the next... so i would raise it up a bit or try a 200% first layer to see if that happens again.
What I presume may happen is that the bead will be thick and wont hardly stick to the platform at all, but this issue wont happen... Then we need to work backwards to find a height that works for both "smoosh" and so this doesnt happen

I have messed with those setting and nothing has changed, but I have noticed that the bolts attaching bed assembly to base, is loose. I also think the metal underneath the metal bed might be slightly bent.

Definitely go over the entire machine checking for lose bolts and if everything is square. Loose bolts would be my biggest complaint about the shipping other than only an email tech support. If you can get past these two issues it should be a decent machine.

bobr

I'm new to 3d printing... but ...it looks to me like the filament is not sticking ... I have had the same problem and went nuts for a few days over this problem. This link helped me with filament sticking. https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... eshooting/

I also downloaded the config file at downloads.php

Next I went back to the sd card that was included. Looking the folder called OLD I printed the old gMax Logo and it printed Great. This let me know printer was not the problem.

I also saw a youtube where a person used alcohol after putting down blue tape. Once I used alcohol I have had no problem with the filament sticking. He talks about other ways to get filament to stick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG6WFmwHYZg

Satvik11 said:
It's been six months and no matter what glass bed I put it on it bends. The frustration grows
Have you checked that the Z-Axis rail is level? I just had to level mine today as my first layer had major problems with it's consistency, not as bad as yours but noticeable that there was an issue. I'm not sure if there is some line of code in order to clear out/sync the z-axis motors or not, I just simply moved the extruder to one side, powered down, put a level on the z bracket, and manually turned one lead screw until I was level. Once there I played with both sides to even it out as close as I could go without one side being more taut than the other. At this point I was able to get a decent 1st layer despite the obvious issues with this acrylic bed.

I have leveled the z-axis by forces both sides to go to the very top, I think either my x-axis is bent or the glass, but when I use a straight edge to check it looks straight, perhaps the aluminum under is bent does anyone know how to fix that?

Satvik11 said:
I have leveled the z-axis by forces both sides to go to the very top, I think either my x-axis is bent or the glass, but when I use a straight edge to check it looks straight, perhaps the aluminum under is bent does anyone know how to fix that?
Did you check that the rail was level as well as the bed. They both must be perpendicular to one another. On that print you showed was it from front to back or from left to right, knowing that should help you figure out where the issue might be?

I think my x rail is bent but when I check with straight edge it looks straight
It could also be that the metal underneath bed us bent how would I fix both problems

Yes they are only perpendicular to each other in certain spots, i think the x-rail and the y rails are bent how would I go about fixing the problem? it also may be that the Aluminum under the glass may be bent? I litteraly so close to giving up :cry:.

Satvik11 said:
Yes they are only perpendicular to each other in certain spots, i think the x-rail and the y rails are bent how would I go about fixing the problem? it also may be that the Aluminum under the glass may be bent? I litteraly so close to giving up :cry:.
Okay, you need to isolate these issues and confirm them first. Put a level, not a straight edge, on the x-axis rail. Aligning by force may not fix the issue. How do I know? Because when I leveled mine by hand, raising one side to its max eventually began to raise the other, however it was still not level and will still fail on prints. These rails are pretty solid in design and a bent rail should be noticeable by eye.

Once again, leveling by force on both sides might not fix this simple issue as the rail can bind before it levels and will not properly align. I really suggest putting a level on the X-rail (the rail going left to right) and check it's level at the bottom, middle, and top. If it isn't level, turn the lead screw by hand (power off) until its level, do this in alternating turns. One side clockwise, the other side counterclockwise.

Lastly, if you do find out that the rails are bent, I guess you'll have to replace the rails.

I'm having this exact same problem... Has anyone found a way to fix this? The rest of the print comes out fine, but the first layer looks terrible and doesn't stick very well towards the center...